The Songfactor's Choice Top Ten #81

Lucky

WELCOME TO THE SONGFACTORS' CHOICE TOP TEN #81! :headphones:

ALL MEMBERS OF SONGFACTS ARE MOST WELCOME TO PARTICIPATE. The greater the participation, the more diverse, and more representative our top ten is!

IT'S SIMPLE, ALL YOU HAVE TO DO IS:

* Nominate two songs released from 1945 on, that haven't made the Ten before (please click to view Every Song That's Made The Songfactors' Choice Top Tens.

* When nominations close, choose your favorite Ten songs in order of preference from the Final Nominations and post them on here. Points are allotted 10 for your #1 song, 9 for #2, Etc. and our Top Ten is compiled from them.

:headphones:

It's getting tougher. Some of the big guns are gone.... But I know, there are many, many left! Give us whatcha got!! :thumbsup:

PLEASE LET US HAVE YOUR NEW NOMINATIONS NOW ! :thumbsup:

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Glory Box ~ Portishead (1994)

great vocals (Beth Gibbons) + a bit of Jazz + some cool lo-fi samples = one of the greatest examples of "Bristol Sound" :)

I'm so tired, of playing

Playing with this bow and arrow

Gonna give my heart away

Leave it to the other girls to play

For I've been a temptress too long

Just...

Give me a reason to love you

Give me a reason to be-ee, a woman

I just wanna be a woman

I'll Stick Around ~ Foo Fighters (1995)

This song was written by Dave Grohl. It is about Courtney Love and her possible role in Kurt (Cobain)'s death with the line "I had no hand in your ever desperate plan." He got them together and now regrets it, hence the line, "I should have known, you were better off alone." He also tells Courtney to leave him alone by saying "I don't owe you anything."

I thought I knew

all it took to bother you

Every word I said was true,

that you'll see

How could it be

I'm the only one who sees

your rehearsed insanity?

Didnt' want the Foos to compete against themselves

I wouldn't have had anything against it :rockon: :bow:

what was the song? and make sure to nominate it again soon :) :thumbsup:

oh and btw, I like both of your current nominations! the Bosstones will surely make my Ten, and Blues Traveler could make it too, depending on the competition :) :bow:

It was Big Me. I will save it for the next list. '90's songs are hard to get in the Top Ten, so no sense in having a band canceling itself out.

I think I'm going to give Glory Box a vote, and who knows.....your foos song might make it into my 10. I tend to go for their less edgy stuff, but I do like that one.