Questions About a Recipe

babyteen

Pennsylvania Dutch country is an Amish haven. Whether or not they visit Allentown or Philly is beyond me, as I've never been to either city. I also just thought it would be fun to get a Weird Al reference in.

If you don't mind me asking, why are you so excited about visiting Allentown? I mean, yes it was in a Billy Joel song, but he didn't exactly make it sound like a great place to be, did he?

I'm not so sure what Billy did say, though I've heard that song many times, as I actually have it on his greatest hits album. As for why I'm so excited, it's because I'm going to be seeing my Uncle Dave, who lives in Warrington, not too far from Allentown. If I could visualize what Allentown is like, I'd much rather look at it as the soft side of Pennsylvania, rather than the hard side. Same with Philadelphia.

Philadelphia, the city with the highest murder rate in America, is the soft side of Pennsylvania?

Why sure. If you look on the bright side, rather than look on the dark side, you'll see what I mean! Why focus on the bad stuff, when there's plenty of good stuff to discover. Why focus on the sad notes, when in fact there are happy notes of the city? One definite happy note, Philadelphia's the birthplace of our mighty nation, the United States!

Never thought I'd meet an optimist from Oregon. :laughing:

:)

Well, sure enough, now you have! I'm someone who always tries to look on the bright side. You're probably thinking, tragic there isn't more of my kind. However, there are lots of people who are optimists like me. After all, I was actually born in California. Long Beach to be exact. I grew up on Catalina Island, a place where there's nothing but the good side! Even in Oregon, there's a good side as well. Who wouldn't want to be friends with someone like me?