Can you remember....

johnny

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My first thread was something about favorite songs who's titles had no apparent connection to the lyrics ( though according to the records , I also made a thread on Jan.1st , 1970 - remember when the old server went badly haywire ?! ) :)

My first post was some B.S. contradicting RogerWaters and Cyberdemon over the Iraq war .

Nobody welcomed me ( no , not even you Marc ) - and I'm still bitter about it and have been trying to seek vengence on the entire site ever since ! :laughing: :laughing: However , by now , I think I certainly understand your reasoning for the omission ! ;) :laughing: :angel: :cool:

BTW: Edna's registration date is not at all correct as she had been here a while before me ... I think she too got caught in a previous server crash .

Edna's registration date is not at all correct as she had been here a while before me ... I think she too got caught in a previous server crash .

Yes, the Big One ate some posts and some info... I was here in September 2004... and UncleJoe was here before I came, he was another victim of the server crash... and Peachy too, I believe... :shades: we had to re-register...

Kevin, are you sure we did not welcome you? I distinctly remember "eyegore" being the noob. I thnk that Joe was here just before me, but Elvy, Peaches, Jr, earthangel, and a few others were just after me. I think we ALL welcomed you. I remeber all of us loving the avatar! ;)

I'm approaching my second anniversary. I believe my first post was on a Topic started by Levis, where this young impressionable lass asked for advice on "Essential Albums to have". I read, with increasing horror, list upon list of dire recommendations which betrayed an intrinsically ethnocentric and conservative view of what constitutes "essential music". Steam came out of my ears, the veins bulged on my brow...when I became concerned that my head might explode, I swiftly registered as a member and posted something about the historical significance of the late 70s punk-rock revolution,its impact on rock/pop music as a whole, and an observation that the entire oeuvre of music created post-1980 appeared to have been criminally overlooked.

I don't recall that any welcomed me: why would they?

I don't recall that any welcomed me: why would they?

because you're one of the very few members who would write something of

"list upon list of dire recommendations which betrayed an intrinsically ethnocentric and conservative view of what constitutes "essential music" "

:bow: :bow: :bow: :bow:

and an observation that the entire oeuvre of music created post-1980 appeared to have been criminally overlooked.

that's true btw (not just in this case, but in general) :thumbsup:

Edited by Guest
forgot a "

For the record, before the server crash of January, '05 my registration date was March of 2003. I used to conntribute lyrics, music facts, etc. I didn't start posting here immediately though. I was drawn into posting by the wonderful remarks made by the likes of Tenacious Peaches, HD Thoreau (Ames), MuzikTyme, Jrlovesdega, EarthAngel, and a few others.

Then came that horrible crash stripping some of my best posts and forcing me to re-register in January, '05.

edna, didn't I welcome you? How rude of me.

Well I would've welcomed you if I was paying attention BF, afterall your avatar is quite sexy, ;)

You know what? I was a virgin when I arrived here. I had no idea what an avatar was, let alone how to create one for myself. I didn't have an avatar for a while, then sheepishly asked someone for instructions on how to go about acquiring one. The avatar I ended up with was just the first one I could get to actually work. We all know how our choice of avatar affects how we are perceived, right? Mine was a total fluke. I don't even watch The Simpsons.

edna, didn't I welcome you? How rude of me.

:laughing: :laughing:

...but you answered to each and every one of my posts... :bow: :bow: :bow: Besides, I wonder if we welcomed people three years ago... :shades:

You know what? I was a virgin when I arrived here. I had no idea what an avatar was, let alone how to create one for myself. I didn't have an avatar for a while, then sheepishly asked someone for instructions on how to go about acquiring one.

Same for me... :P I didn´t even know what a forum was :laughing: I just needed some information and surfed a bit on the net, found this site, registered with my real name, made a typo error and skipped one letter without even realising... :cool:

I just found my registration date: 09/08/04.

You know what? I was a virgin when I arrived here. I had no idea what an avatar was, let alone how to create one for myself. I didn't have an avatar for a while, then sheepishly asked someone for instructions on how to go about acquiring one. The avatar I ended up with was just the first one I could get to actually work. We all know how our choice of avatar affects how we are perceived, right? Mine was a total fluke. I don't even watch The Simpsons.

Ah yes, but your avatar catches the eye and makes you wonder, and that is what you do most of the time BF, make me wonder, the air of mystery around you intrigues me as I am sure it does others. :grin: