Music that is art....

johnny

Now before people quote me to death with "ALL MUSIC IS ART!!" I say I agree to. Although you cannot see it, it's still there and we feel and hear it everyday. But over the years I have come across a few songs that cross this line and becomes a thing of it's own. It becomes something more than music. I'm know what I want to say but I can't write it. I don't know if I'm getting what I'm trying to say across. Does anyone know what I mean....??

I think you are talking about "good music" as opposed to "bad music."

I thought I was to but I'm not. I mean music that doesn't feel like music, it feels like a force that is one with you. At the moment I'm listening to The Smiths and it's great music, but there is other music which haunts me for days unlike anything else....

Maybe it's just me....

Not sure. Maybe before I got here,so therefor,I will weigh in. I think music is art. It brings out emotions in people much in the same way as paintings,sculptures,poetry,ect.,ect. And like with those arts,the beauty of music is in the eye of the beholder. Or since it's music,I guess that would be in the ear of the beholder :P:P.