Britney BOMBS at MTV awards

Mike

I know what you mean and as I stated before,you can complain all you want. You have the right. I don't agree with what our leaders are doing and I don't agree with us always being or having to be the "worlds police". The point I was making was our country isn't the only one who has leaders who are buffoons and idiots. I don't think there is a worldwide shortage of those,unfortunatly.

And then you pretty much told us to mind our own business.

I agree with what you said in this quote though.

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That post was directed at somebody who made comments about our leaders being "buffoons and idiots" and asking why they,not the Dixie Chicks,shouldn't be allowed to complain here in this forum.

That was me. I obliquely suggested that President Bush might legitimately be described as an "incompetent buffoon". I also proposed that Ronald Reagan may have been a dangerous idiot. I don't believe I stated unequivocally that both of these assertions are fact. Whether you agree with those positions or not, there is at least sufficient evidence for a "case to answer". I wasn't "complaining" about either President: only making a comment on the right, (or should that be responsibility?), of artists to make potentially challenging opinions in public, and to do so at a pertinent time rather than waiting until after the event, (when it's easy to be wise). As it is, that remark from The Dixie Chicks: seems pretty mild harmless stuff to me. Hardly worth stringing them up over. What a mountain out of a molehill...

You think I've never had a go at the leaders of my own country? I I'm a former anarchist, for heaven's sake! Sticking with the ones you've probably heard of: Margaret Thatcher was a cold-hearted right-wing psychopath. Tony Blair is a psychopath of a different sort: one of those Zen Fascists that Biafra warned us about in "California Uber Alles". There, I've said it. Whoopee-doo.

Foot-note

As long as my fellow-countrymen are being killed in "friendly fire" whilst doing their bit to contain the hideous mess going on in Iraq, I reserve the right to call your President's wisdom into question, Ok?

As I said before,you have every right of saying anything you want,which brings us back to freedom of speech. I have the same right to say what I want to say as well. I have already said our leaders are buffoons and idiots. And I don't like this war either and not only have lost "fellow countryman" but also friends and neighbors to this war. So you don't have to tell me about loss. And as far as making mountains out of molehills,if somebody makes broad statements,they shouldn't be surprised if somebody responds to it.

LOS ANGELES - The hits keep coming for Britney Spears, but not the kind that will put platinum records on her walls.

A court commissioner in Spears' child custody dispute practically called the 25-year-old pop star an addict in ordering her to undergo random drug and alcohol testing. The question is, does the order come soon enough — and is it strong enough — to keep Spears from losing her two young sons to ex-husband Kevin Federline.

It couldn't have come at a worse time for Spears, who is trying to recover from a series of image-crippling events that include a bizarre head-shaving in February and a ridiculed performance at the MTV Video Music Awards.

On Monday, Superior Court Commissioner Scott M. Gordon required both Spears and Federline to refrain from drinking or using drugs either in the presence of their children or within 12 hours before taking charge of them. He said there was evidence Spears engaged in "habitual, frequent and continuous use of controlled substances and alcohol."

He also ordered Spears, but not Federline, to undergo random drug and alcohol testing twice a week, according to court documents.

"If she were to violate the order, she would be really stupid," said Lynne Gold-Bikin, a family law attorney in Pennsylvania and former chair of the American Bar Association Family Law Section. "Reading between the lines, I think the judge is saying, 'I think you can stop it, pull yourself back.'"

A phone message left for Federline's attorney, Mark Kaplan, was not immediately returned Wednesday.

Absent from the order was a requirement that Spears undergo rehabilitation and substance abuse counseling, possibly indicating that her problem isn't severe enough to affect her parenting skills. Without that provision, however, experts say Spears may be bound to fail.

"People tend to backslide in those situations, and once you get into habits and patterns, it's tough to change," said University of Southern California sociologist Julie Albright. "The stakes have been set very high for a relapse."

The judge did say Spears must meet eight hours a week with a parenting coach, who will observe her with her children and report back to the court.

Both parents are prohibited from making derogatory remarks about each other in their children's presence, and from using corporal punishment to discipline them.

Each must complete the court's "Parenting Without Conflict" class. The educational program, set in a group format and comprised of six sessions, helps parents learn the benefits of cooperative parenting, conflict resolution and problem solving.

Spears married Federline in October 2004. She filed for divorce last November and it became official in July. The two have joint custody of their sons — Sean Preston, 2, and Jayden James, 1 — but Federline is seeking a greater share of custody.

It's been a rough week for Spears as she prepares for the release of a new album in November. She was dropped by her management company, parted ways with her attorney, and a former bodyguard was prepared to testify in the custody dispute about alleged drug use, nudity and safety issues he said he observed.

All of this has made Federline, 29, look — at least publicly — like the stable parent. It's an interesting change of public identities for Spears, the former Mousketeer, and Federline, the dancer and wannabe thuggish rapper.

Observers said Spears doesn't have much room to make any more mistakes, given that the court has now taken notice of her actions.

"She is visible, always under the microscope," Gold-Bikin said. "It's not a good time to screw around."

By GREG RISLING, Associated Press Writer

Yes. We had two rather large houses destroyed by our neighbors 6 years ago last week.

Exactly my point, it's not as if one country's problem is only that country's problem. The turmoil in the middle east obviously affected the US, even though the US was not involved in the problem at the time.

Did we get off topic again?