Britney BOMBS at MTV awards

Mike

It was very sad... well, it didn´t make me sad, but it´s rather pathetic.

It is sad. Maybe she was doped up a bit? Who knows.

But I like her, she's a ditsy blonde. So Was Marilyn Monroe, so was Jane Mansfield, there have been others. There will be others to follow.

She "can" perform better than this, that's the bottom line. We'll see how (if) she recovers from this.

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not sure if performing is the right word to describe Britney and I just don't mean at award shows. It's common knowledge that she lipsyncs during her live shows and she isn't the only one. (Anybody remember Ashley Simpson on SNL?) I don't call that "performing". I'm not sure what it should be called.

Don't get "performing" mixed up with "entertainment".

Anyone or anything (for that matter) can be considered "performing" without necessarily being considered "entertainment". A good performance is considered by some to be entertaining. A poor performance is not.

Britney has made alot of money "performing" for the last decade. One that comes to see her has grown to expect a certain "level of performance".

This expectation was not lived up to by Britney at the MTV awards on Sunday in Vegas.

Now, I wonder how comes her manager or people around her didn´t notice she wasn´t able to perform, or to entretain... I guess he should have rehearsed a bit before the show... and it would have been clear she wasn´t in shape...

Sayin'

I mean her "performance" and ultimately her comeback success means more to their salary/employment than it does to hers.

Don't get "performing" mixed up with "entertainment".

Anyone or anything (for that matter) can be considered "performing" without necessarily being considered "entertainment". A good performance is considered by some to be entertaining. A poor performance is not.

Britney has made alot of money "performing" for the last decade. One that comes to see her has grown to expect a certain "level of performance".

This expectation was not lived up to by Britney at the MTV awards on Sunday in Vegas.

I agree with a lot of what you are saying but if I pay good money to see a singer "perform",I don't expect lipsyncing no matter how "entertaining" the artist may appear while doing it. I want the real deal. If they are just going to lipsync,I would just stay home,watch their videos and save a lot of money. And not all award shows are like that either. Some artists actually have the guts and the confidence in their abilities to sing live on a award show.

I agree with a lot of what you are saying but if I pay good money to see a singer "perform",I don't expect lipsyncing no matter how "entertaining" the artist may appear while doing it. I want the real deal. If they are just going to lipsync,I would just stay home,watch their videos and save a lot of money. And not all award shows are like that either. Some artists actually have the guts and the confidence in their abilities to sing live on a award show.

I absolutely agree. Were these folks paying to see her "act" (which may always be lip-synced for all we/they know)? Or to see a LIVE PERFORMANCE (meaning the dancing and wiggling/giggling) of Britney Spears? Either way, they were jipped IMHO.

This episode should hurt her future gigs/shows.

No one should feel sorry for her. She has a net worth of about $120,000,000.00, -around $40 million invested in high-interest accounts.

The part of this subject (story) that has really bothered me is the comments about her body or her weight. Yeah, it's a skimpy outfit, yeah, she used to have tight and toned abs and now they are a bit looser. But FAT?! Ugly?!! That's way, way harsh and unrealistic. What kind of message does that send our young girls?

Simply put. The performance was "blah". That's the extent of it. The rest of the "buzz" about this story is just plane stupid and mean-spirited.

Actually I thought she looked pretty good. I didn't see where she was fat and she sure looked healthier than some of the others in the "Brat Pack" like Lindsey,Paris,ect, ect, ect. And I don't feel sorry for her. She knew she wasn't ready to perform and the dancers performing with her have said they knew it was going to be a mess because she wouldn't rehearse. But I do feel sorry for her kids. Imagine the issues they will have. Heck,even their issues will have issues.