Planning a Trip In December

babyteen

I have a big project coming up very soon. My music teacher, Markus Johnson and I are planning a special trip to do some recordings of Handbell notes and

ChoirChime notes. I have asked several of the churches in Eugene, and other neighboring towns in Oregon, and even as far up as Seattle, Washington, if

they have a set of handbells and ChoirChimes that I could borrow to record, and unfortunately the Directors

Of Music at each of these churches say that they can't let their bells be taken out of the vicinity of their buildings. So, as far as Handbells

and ChoirChimes go, it looks like I'm going to be coming to Pennsylvania! Markus and I are going to be flying from either Eugene or Portland, Oregon into Allentown. My Uncle,

Dave, will be meeting us in Allentown, and we will be staying at his house in Warrington, which, from what he told me, is right down the road from the

Malmark Handbell Company. Uncle Dave is even going to drive us to the company, that way we don't even have to pay for a hotel and a rental car! However,

Price is the problem. My friends say I should fly into Philadelphia because it's cheaper. Which one of those airports and cities is cheaper to fly into, Philadelphia or Allentown? Also, which one is cheaper to depart from, Eugene or Portland? I wonder if Philadelphia and Allentown are close to New York City. And, how far would they be from my Dad's house in Glen Burnie,

Maryland? Do you think there's a chance that James Taylor might be performing in Allentown? I'd love to meet him there! Markus and I will be in Pennsylvania from 12/10/2007 to 12/24/2007, that means we'll be home just in time for Christmas! Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm not too sure if Allentown and Philadelphia are in the same state. Isn't Allentown in Maryland? Or is it in Pennsylvania? You might find this a bit strange, but when I was younger, I was fooled into believing that Allentown was in Maryland, and funniest of all, I thought that Philadelphia was in Virginia! At that time, I didn't know my cities and towns. I only knew my states. Was I wrong? Or was I dead dead wrong? And by the way, I've looked at several addresses for restaurant locations within the vicinity of where we're staying, and for the name of the state, it comes up as PA on each street address. Now, let me ask you this, what's PA?

I actually had other questions in this post besides that one. Price is the problem. My friends say I should fly into Philadelphia because it's cheaper. Which one of those airports and cities is cheaper to fly into,

Philadelphia or Allentown? Also, which one is cheaper to depart from, Eugene or Portland? I wonder if Philadelphia and Allentown are close to New York

City. And, how far would they be from my Dad's house in Glen Burnie,

Maryland? Do you think there's a chance that James Taylor might be performing in Allentown? I'd love to meet him there! Markus and I will be in Pennsylvania

from 12/10/2007 to 12/24/2007, that means we'll be home just in time for Christmas!

You like bells , eh - come Christmas , you're the one to talk to ; but please answer me sincerly - who likes bells the rest of the year , and can you make a living doing this ?!

Why sure, I'd make a good living as a sound designer. After all, that is actually what this project is leaning toward. When I bring these recordings home from Pennsylvania, I'm

going to turn them into a virtual instrument. To give you a better explanation, a virtual instrument is made by taking live samples of an actual player playing an instrument, whether it be a handbell, a handchime, a vibraphone, a trumpet, a flute, or any other musical instrument. It is usually created via AIFF or WAV files on a computer with a sampler software like MACH5, Gigastudio, Halion, Kompakt, Reason, or Kontakt. A virtual instrument can then be played from a digital piano or a music keyboard, if you happen to be familiar with those.

You like bells , eh - come Christmas , you're the one to talk to ; but please answer me sincerly - who likes bells the rest of the year , and can you make a living doing this ?!

To answer your question, and I'm being very sincere, most anyone could like bells, whether it be at Christmas, or Easter, or any time of the year. Handbells and Handchimes come together to bring us melodies of happiness and joy, and to ring out the beautiful tones of peace and harmony all year long.

I think you are wasting your time unless you are a sincere bell fan . Just my take , though , but I can't see any other time than holidays when you could make some money off this . Maybe they are good enough pay-offs ?! Honestly , ... do you really love bells ? If so -why ?

Ry - don't you dare ' chime ' in - I'm pretty sick of your as* .