The Songfactor's Choice Top Ten #80

Lucky

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am happy about John Mellencamp, too. Pink Houses is actually one of my favorites from him. Maybe I'll nominate one of my other favorites of his in another TT.

I honestly thought more people would vote for Genius of Love. Oh, well, I guess that Talking Heads side projects aren't as popular as Talking Heads themselves.

Good Nomination Lucky. And well done blue n white. :thumbsup:

I must confess to not knowing all of those songs, and I didn't get around to listening to them (sorry). My eldest son and son-in-law would give their seals of approval to SRV. They have wall to wall 'guitar greats' Cds.

The highlight for me is to see the great Carl Perkins make our Ten.

:headphones:

EVERY SONG THAT'S MADE THE SONGFACTORS' CHOICE TOP TENS HAS BEEN UPDATED!

Click Here

Go on over and take a look...Let's have another rockin' ten!.....I've changed my mind 3 times so far...maybe I'll use Old 55's system, and just draw one out of a hat.... :P

And don't forget to check out VIDEOS FOR PROSPECTIVE NOMINATIONS!

Pssst...if you notice any mistakes please let me know....This is my first time helping out with the list...and phewwww I need a coffee break!

:P

I can see where you might not edna. This ten, other than the Macy Gray song, has a definite country rock/Claasic U.S. based feel to it. Which makes it a great thread for me. :thumbsup:

Janey, and Blue, I saw John Mellencamp in concert in 05, along with John Fogerty (thanks to info I picked up from RonJon's news, I won those tickets), and he did Pink Houses. I'm a huge Mellencamp fan, but this song never did much for me either. He put a slightly different arrangement on it at that time, and it sounded great! I guess everything (songs and talent) mellows, and improves with age! ;)

This ended up being a very nice Ten! My thanks to all the participants....

sf_songfactorschoicetop10.jpg

The Songfactors' Choice Top Ten #80 for the week ending 16th September 2007

1. Crossfire - Stevie Ray Vaughan (1989)

2. Tumbling Dice - The Rolling Stones (1972)

3. Some Kind Of Wonderful - Grand Funk Railroad (1975)

4. Amie - Pure Prairie League (1972)

5. Pink Houses - John Mellencamp (1984)

6. I Try - Macy Gray (1999)

7. Blue Suede Shoes - Carl Perkins (1956)

8. I Got A Line On You - Spirit (1968)

9. Mr Soul - Buffalo Springfield (1967)

10. White Wedding - Billy Idol (1982)

C'mon over to #81, and give us whatcha got!! :grin:

Edited by Guest