I have seen what I believe to be one of the worst...

Ombre Vivante

... music videos/songs I have seen in this century; something by some talentless hack by the name of "kaney west." The thing which left me flabberghasted is that Daft Punk's name is associated with this bottom-feeder. This will take years of therapy to erase out of my mind. I actually felt this song sucking my will to live. I'd imagine the effect of listening to kaneye west would be analogous to huffing paint thinner for months on end. I feel we are at a turning point in man's existence... like a steep decline into the lower depths of every facet which made us self-aware beings. I wouldn't be surprised if more kanue wests begin to infest this planet to the point of making it uninhabitable.

God. Help. Us. All.

I'm surprised you haven't already been complaining about Kanye, because he has been popular for a few years now.

I also hold a strong dislike for Kanye West's music. The main reasons for this are that I don't like his rapping voice, the sampled songs of his I've heard are crap and lacking in anything interesting (eg. Touch The Sky), and the non-sampled songs of his I've heard are also crap and lacking in anything interesting (eg. Gold Digger). Like most modern hip-hop artists, I am yet to hear a Kanye West song that I like at all.

Okay, I'm far from the biggest rap fan, but I do like Kanye West. And I do hate "Gold Digger" to. I think people should check out "All Falls Down", "Family Business" & "Heard 'Em Say". I'm not trying to defend him because I do think he is overrated but the lyrics on "Family Business" are quite good....for a rap song....

I'm surprised you haven't already been complaining about Kanye, because he has been popular for a few years now.

I also hold a strong dislike for Kanye West's music. The main reasons for this are that I don't like his rapping voice, the sampled songs of his I've heard are crap and lacking in anything interesting (eg. Touch The Sky), and the non-sampled songs of his I've heard are also crap and lacking in anything interesting (eg. Gold Digger). Like most modern hip-hop artists, I am yet to hear a Kanye West song that I like at all.

You see, we don't get to hear this horrendous tripe down here in the 7th layer of hell. A long time ago, it was decided that the music of choice to torture damned souls was Muzak, Lawrence Welk, Space Age Pop, and Italo Disco. However, no man in recorded history could have ever predicted the existence of music that far surpasses the perceived low quality of the aforementioned types of music. This kenya west is something that fell out of a dark crack in the sky - like a plague - to punish man's unapologetic insolence. When I saw kenya waste on the eMpTyV for the first time, I could tell I must've done a very bad thing and I was being punished for it.

You are right in your assessment of his crude sort of music. It is not that I have anything against sampling. As a matter of fact, a lot, if not all, of the music artists I enjoy sample the hell outta each other - oft times ripping each other off blatantly and not even giving props (or royalties) to the original composers/writers. Sampling is not the real problem here. The crux of the problem is not knowing what to do with the material at hand. If you're gonna riff off someone else, MAKE IT YOURS! Add something of yourself to it! What I see with kaney waste is that he just simply warped the original song a little bit. He did nothing to the song he sampled! How could a person sample two relatively cool things and come up with an unredeemable steaming pile of doo doo? I dunno. This is something only kenya waste could answer.