The Songfactor's Choice Top Ten #79

Lucky

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was hoping that nobody nominated a Beatles' or Stones' song this time and we could have a 'wide open' Top Ten for #80. However, I have no right to tell anyone what they can or can't nominate. I think I'm becoming 'disenchanted'.

Gee whiz OLD,

There's an awful lot to figure out in every Ten --making sure one's nomination hasn't made a previous list and sorting through the all the songs -- that I easily plumb forgot or never realized what your hope for this particular Top Ten might have been.

If no Beatles or Stones had been specified in the call for nominations, I bet we would all have complied.

I used to never vote for Stones or Beatles, just because they seemed a guaranteed shoo-in, but lately I've changed my ways (You know, good is good).

I know this is your Baby, but snap out of that disenchantment, call 'em like you see 'em, and have fun. That's what Music and this site are all about.

Everly as your brother,

bazooka

Poppycock!! Along with its flipside, "Strawberry Fields Forever" that record changed rock music's emotive influence forever. The best the Stones had at the same time was "Ruby Tuesday." Great song, but no Penny Lane. In 1968-69 Beatles and Stones were shaping all music to come.

Sure by today's standard PL may not be that great a song, but when it hit, it was analogous to Les Paul plugging a guitar into an amplifier. Les was no Jimi Hendrix, but without Les, Jimi Hendrix wouldn't have been Jimi Hendrix - as we know him - either.

I know this is your Baby, but snap out of that disenchantment, call 'em like you see 'em, and have fun. That's what Music and this site are all about.

Everly as your brother,

bazooka

Thanks Baz. I'm not really 'disenchanted' with the Ten at all. I'm just sick of logging in here with my stomach in a knot all the time, wondering what nasty or complaining PTs (or Posts) I'll find. Only from a few people, and that's when or if, they're speaking to me. Thank goodness the majority just want to turn up, nominate, vote and have us a Top Ten.

I'd just like to tell everyone that removing Martin wasn't a snap decision. I spoke to Carl about the possibility of changing 'The Team' about 2 months ago. You wouldn't believe so much garbage could go on behind the scenes.

I'd just like to tell everyone that removing Martin wasn't a snap decision. I spoke to Carl about the possibility of changing 'The Team' about 2 months ago. You wouldn't believe so much garbage could go on behind the scenes.

Oh I can imagine Darryl, look at what goes on on the boards. That is why this is the only thread I will post on. And now some have to get not so pleasant in this thread. It's a top 10, nominate, vote and see what the final 10 will be, and enjoy, after all isn't that was SF is suppose to be about, enjoying music and discussing it?

Darryl, I'd give ya an increase in your pay if I could! :)

:doh: :doh: :doh: :doh:

I'm sorry... I love all of you, you're all great, but this is not the 60s all right? And even if it were, everything is not solved by peace and love. There's still discontent and it's not going anywhere.

I know I'm new here but that is sad, with all the crap going on in this world, this site should be a place where discontent is minimal or none at all.

And peace and love doesn't only apply to the 60's is applies to everyday. As does enjoyment and this site is something I see that people on here enjoy very much, no matter their taste in music.

Ok, time for the newbie to zip her lips! ;)