List 41

Lucky

The Everly brothers united the best of country harmonies and lyrical interpretation with the young phenomenon called Rock and Roll in the late 50's. Acts such as the Beatles, Simon and Garfunkel, The Grateful Dead and many others credited the developement of their harmonics to the influence of Phil and Don. By the time they were 20 years old, the Everly brothers were already seasoned performers, having been raised in a musical family that weekly performed on live radio since the boys were in kindergarten.

Roots traces the duet's migration from Bluegrass roots to the tight harmonic sound that later permeated their pop rock signature songs. If you like great harmony, you will love this album.

Everlys.jpg

Roots (tracks)

1. Introduction: The Everly Family (1952)

2. Mama Tired

3. Less Of Me

4. T For Texas

5. I Wonder If I Care As much

6. Ventura Boulevard

7. Shady Grove

8. Illinois

9. Living To Close To The Ground

10. You Done Me Wrong

11. Turn Around

12. Sing Me Back Home

13. Montage: The Everly Family (1952)/Shady Grove/Kentucky

This looks like as good a time as any to wind things up! Unfortunately, Sergio's nomination has already been an MoC selection. I hope babyteen chooses one of her excellent suggestions and submits it for the next round! :)

So, as it stands, we have ten nominations, some renominations, some new suggestions. All in all, this promises to be a diverse list! Remember to vote for two.... ;)

This is it, folks: our final list for Music of Choice Classic. Look for an announcement and the opening of Songfactor's Music of Choice very soon! :grin:

Let It Bleed ~ The Rollng Stones

Are You Ready For The Big Show? ~ Radney Foster

Transformer ~ Lou Reed

American Beauty ~ The Grateful Dead

Weezer (The Blue Album) ~ Weezer

This is it, folks: our final list for Music of Choice Classic. Look for an announcement and the opening of Songfactor's Music of Choice very soon! :grin:

Let It Bleed ~ The Rollng Stones

Are You Ready For The Big Show? ~ Radney Foster

Transformer ~ Lou Reed

American Beauty ~ The Grateful Dead

Weezer (The Blue Album) ~ Weezer

Now that is a great list! There's a little something there for every Songfactor, no matter what your music taste is. ;)

I want you all to watch this space.... Music of Choice "Classic" is coming to a close, and with that, the New Songfactor's Music of Choice will be revealed early next week. We hope to see you all there! :)