Great Covers that may be better than originals

Lucky

• Replies 414
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I disagree a thousand times over with Gary Jules' cover of Mad World. Horse bleep, I tell you. And Sinead can kiss my foot. The Family's original version of Nothing Compares 2 U is spectacular, although maybe 7 people on this earth besides me have heard it. I have never heard Tricky's version of Black Steel. I don't know if it's better, but it's pretty freaking cool.

This one is on my PTT...Little Feat did this when I saw them a little while ago. I never knew this song till then...I found a version by Buddy Guy, and I absolutely love this version of the song. I think Bonnie Raitt does the back up vocals on this version too...Original by John Hiatt, which I also love.

Feels Like Rain ~ Buddy Guy

John Hiatt

This one is on my PTT...Little Feat did this when I saw them a little while ago. I never knew this song till then...I found a version by Buddy Guy, and I absolutely love this version of the song. I think Bonnie Raitt does the back up vocals on this version too...Original by John Hiatt, which I also love.

Feels Like Rain ~ Buddy Guy

John Hiatt

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Edited by Guest

^^ There seems to be a debate on who the singer is of the song, in the comments.

yes, one person suggested that instead of Brecht, it's actually Kurt Gerron singing, who originally sang the song in the Threepenny Opera...

but the original uploader replied with:

"No. I also know the recording with Kurt Gerron but this was sung by brecht."

:)

Edited by Guest
did a bit more reading