Similar Guitar Riffs

Skuff

I love telling my family all the weird things I know, so the next things I'm looking for are similar guitar riffs. The only one I can think of is that The All American Rejects' "Dirty Little Secret" riff sounds a lot like the riff from The Bay City Roller's "Rock n Roll Love Letter." Any More? Thanks!

Makes a nice change for them to be ripping themselves off, rather than Killing Joke. ;)

Seriously though, the similarity between the riff in "Come As You Are" and the guitar motif of Killing Joke's "Eighties" is nothing short of scandalous.

Oh yes... should've mentioned that.

according to wikipedia the GD riff is "is adapted from the song Picture Book", so maybe Davies gave his permission?

oh oh, not another using wiki as a reliable source... :crazy:

It's okay, I have nothing against you. In my line of work, wiki and allmusic I regard as last resorts for accurate information. However, it doesn't mean that both sites are 100% erroneous.

Other than that, (wiki) can be a fun & entertaining site. :)

well it's the only source I found, so it's better than nothing, right?

the Songfacts article for that song doesn't mention anything like that ;)

No problem. And, they may be exactly right! I'd believe it since it's almost the same progression right down to the swing/beat... even the drum intro. :drummer: