The Songfactors' Choice Top Ten #77

WELCOME TO THE SONGFACTORS' CHOICE TOP TEN #77! :headphones:

ALL MEMBERS OF SONGFACTS ARE MOST WELCOME TO PARTICIPATE. WE'RE NOT CLIQUEY ! IT'S SIMPLE, ALL YOU HAVE TO DO IS:

* Nominate two songs from 1945 on, that haven't made the Ten before (please click to view Every Song That's Made The Songfactors' Choice Top Tens.

* When nominations close, choose your favorite Ten songs in order of preference from the Final Nominations and post them on here. Points are allotted 10 for your #1 song, 9 for #2, Etc. and our Top Ten is compiled from them.

:headphones:

PLEASE LET US HAVE YOUR NEW NOMINATIONS NOW !

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As you see, this is OLDLucky55 week. :grin:

I'm on a sort-of vacation, though I'm not going anywhere. I just have a zillion things going on, so I'll pop in and out this week. So here's pop #1 with my nominatons for week #77!

Everyday People ~ Sly & the Family Stone (1968)

It's Only Make Believe ~ Conway Twitty - the original (1958) It's Only Make Believe - Some thirty years later. The man's voice not only held up, I think it may have gotten better.

Edited by Guest
Poco doesn't do so well....

It's Only Make Believe ~ Conway Twitty.

I don't think I can nominate anything to top that one (in my book, anyway). An old favorite of mine from my teenage years. I'll try to, though.

;)

Here's my nominations:

Close To You (They Long To Be) - The Carpenters (1970)

Dust In The Wind - Kansas (1977)

I spent a lot of time pulling two from a hat but putting one back. :)

Edited by Guest
Changed one I didn't realise was a renomination !

You're a Cliquey Chic Chick ???:)

I don't really believe that people think we're 'cliquey'; I think the sight of 750 songs in "Every Song..." frightens them off ! Like me with 'some assembly required' instructions. I remember being up until the early hours of a Christmas morning once putting together 3 ride on toys. The instructions were all in Japanese. Fortunately there were pictures too. Like a jigsaw puzzle.