Lord, we don't need another meadow

There are cornfields and wheat fields enough to grow

There are sunbeams and moonbeams enough to shine

Oh listen, lord, if you want to know.

What the world needs now is love, sweet love

It's the only thing that there's just too little of

What the world needs now is love, sweet love,

No, not just for some but for everyone.

No, not just for some, oh, but just for everyone.

^ ^ I agree with that... It's going straight to your lungs without a filter. And:

Second Hand Smoke Linked To Cancer

see, now... I don't want to take that chance

This isn't part of my argument, but I think the first line of that article is pretty funny.

News of the death of Dana Reeve, the widow of Christopher Reeve, stunned many. How can she died of lung cancer, and not be a smoker.

You know, you don't miss grammar until it's gone.

Anyways, I suppose my stance is that with 2nd hand smoke, you're breathing in such a small amount of smoke that if you ever leave the house it's much more likely you'll find some other way to die first.

But that´s precisely the point. If marijuana was legalised there would be a war between the administration and the mafias.

Here I don't agree edna. That is what is happening now. Compare it to Prohibition. look at the crime it caused, and the trouble, all the mafia with the running of liquor, and liquor establishments.

Were it legal, just like with Prohibition, the mob, and the rest of the criminal element would be taken out of the picture.

Also, if it were legal, and taxed, like alcohol and cigarettes, it would generate a huge influx on money into our country (here in the US), just like what happened after Prohibition was repealed.

I wouldn't mind paying the taxes. Sure it would suck, but all for the greater good. Gotta take the bad with the good! Also, I hope that everyone realizes the government (again, here in the US) actually has their finger in the pie so to speak already. There are "government owned and operated" marijuana operations. Fields of the stuff. The 'medicinal' marijuana DOES come from somewhere, you know?

I don't think tax gains would be all that huge. Sure, there would be some spike in taxes from the sale of regulated pot, plus the resultant tax-banked payroll savings that Shawna just spoke of. But overall I think most users would just prefer growing their own; or be supplied by someone they know who did. The weed will grow just about anywhere, if conditions are right.

A bad scenario would be if consumption were legal, but production illegal. It might be just like some legislators (read southern tobacco state legislators) to want to restrict the production for their own tax gains and disallow private growing. Then we'd be right back to Big Brother scanning the neighborhood with heat seeking radar, looking for growing lamps in closets.

I used to grow beautiful plants (4 or 5 , no more :) ) in the mid seventies, I didn´t plan to smoke them, just to have them in my house. One day I came home and found my friends had smoked half of it... :P they said it was very good, which I doubt it, the good one grows in the mountains of Columbia or Mexico...