ULTIMATE BAND!

johnny

I often think (dare i say daydream....) about this when I'm bored, actually I think of this when I should be doing more important things eg talking to people, doing maths sums, diffusing a bomb....

anyway it's the ultimate band....forget about MTV Rockstar and stuff like that, this is better.

You can have anybody (dead or alive) to cover these rolls (NOTE: These rolls must be covered)

- Lead Vocals

- Lead Guitarist

- Bassist OR Pianist/Keyboardist

- Drummer

And any of these (NOTE: These are optional)

- Rhythum guitarist

- Songwriter

- Harmonicist (I'm not sure if that's the word, well you geddit, somebody who plays harmonica....)

- And the other one of either the Bassist or Pianist

- Backup Vocals

Chose wisely my friends....

Lead Vocals Ian Curtis - One of my favourite voices in music ever....

Lead Guitarist Jimmy Page - Predictable choice, I know....

Bassist John Entwistle - If you asked me tommorow I'd probably give you a different answer, but I just listened to My Generation....yes people, the bass solo....

Drummer Jimmy Chamberlain (Of the Smashing Pumpkins) - I'm not just choosing him because he's in my favourite band of all time, but some of his work is incredible....

Songwriter Bob Dylan & Pete Townshend - Dylan for lyrics, Townshend for music....

Pianist & Backup Vocals Nick Cave - Any fan of his should have him in this list, and he could write the murder ballads....

Lead Vocalist: Annie Lennox. A clear and powerful voice.

Lead Guitar: Mark Knopfler. A technically proficient and versatile guitarist.

Rhythm Guitar and Backing/Lead Vocals: John Lennon. Nuff Said.

Keyboards: Rick Wakeman. Quite simply, the BEST pianist in rock music.

Bass: Roger Glover. What can I say? I like Deep Purple.

Drums: Lee Kerslake. Technically, not the best drummer, but he attacks his kit with a ferocity second to none.

If you ask me this question tomorrow, I might very well change some of my selections.