Bruce and the E Street Band new album!!!!!!!

Sweet Jane 61

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This album is great! Not as good as The Rising, but I am lovin' it more and more...I am listening right now. It does sound like older Bruce from back in the day, yet a newer twist. The lyrics of course tell a great tale and each song pulls you in, wanting to know how it will end. I will have to do a review in the album reviews.

I just watched Bruce on 60 minutes and it was a good interview. I know I joke alot about how big of a fan I am and all, but in all seriousness, I have a great repsect for Bruce Springsteen. And he talked tonight about how he is proud to be an American and this new album is not anit-war, he is writing songs about how some of the ideals of American have been lost, and he still believes there is hope for America to find it's way and he is thankful for all America has given him. I loved when he talked about being on stage and how he is thrilled and excited when he sees the effect he has on his fans. He said he needs the music. I know many people believe artists should keep their political opinions to themselves and not write songs about them, but you know what...when we hear those songs, some of us go, man that is just how I feel. And with Bruce he does it in a way that isn't so in your face, but it is there, there to be heard, there to be thought about, thoughts we have had in our hearts all along. I am on such a Bruce high tonight!! :)

Jane, I just watched it as well! I thought about you. It was an excellent interview, I think even more of Springsteen as an individual than I did before. He's a great musical talent, but more than that, he is an introspective thinking man, and I respect him for his thoughts, views, and patriotism as much as for his music!

I may have to break a 30 year hiatus, and buy this new album! :)

The Boss

Bruce Springsteen's new album, Magic, easily tops the Soundscan sales chart this week, selling over 335,000 copies in its first week in stores. This gives the Boss his eighth #1 album of his career and his best sales week since The Rising debuted at #1 in 2002 with over 525,000 copies.

Springsteen's other #1 albums were The River, Born In The U.S.A., Bruce Springsteen & The E-Street Band 1975-1985, Tunnel Of Love, Greatest Hits and Devils & Dust.

:bow: :bow: :bow: