Bruce and the E Street Band new album!!!!!!!

Sweet Jane 61

Bruce Springsteen's 'Magic' Set for October 2 Release on Columbia Records

'Magic,' Bruce Springsteen's new studio recording and his first with the E Street Band in five years, is set for release by Columbia Records on October 2, 2007. Produced and mixed by Brendan O'Brien, the album features eleven new Springsteen songs and was recorded at Southern Tracks Recording Studio in Atlanta, GA.

'Magic' Song Titles:

1. Radio Nowhere

2. You'll Be Comin' Down

3. Livin' in the Future

4. Your Own Worst Enemy

5. Gypsy Biker

6. Girls in Their Summer Clothes

7. I'll Work for Your Love

8. Magic

9. Last to Die

10. Long Walk Home

11. Devil's Arcade

'Magic' is the first new studio album by Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band since 2002's GRAMMY Award-winning, multi-platinum, number one album 'The Rising' (Columbia Records), which was also produced by O'Brien.

Bruce Springsteen's longtime manager Jon Landau said, "'Magic' is a high energy rock CD. It’s light on its feet, incredibly well played by Bruce and the members of the E Street Band, and, as always, has plenty to say. It’s also immensely entertaining. 'Magic' is the third collaboration between Bruce and Brendan O'Brien and is a culmination of their very productive creative relationship."

Don't even try to get in my way when I am in line getting this album!!

:grin:

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Billboard reports that Bruce Springsteen's new album, Magic, will be released on vinyl a week ahead of its October 2 release date. The September 25 vinyl release will allow the record to be eligible for the 2007 Grammys, as September 30 is the deadline for eligibility.

Totally cool that it's coming out on vinyl!!

Being a Bruce fan and I know you are, did you feel that the words didn't fit with the flow of the music? I have listened to it about 10 times now and focusing on the lyrics and the music in some ways seems too fast for the lyrics. I was also disappointed that Clarence seemed drowned out by drums and guitars.

I did notice that, I really do wish the lyrics (and the big man) were sharper, but I'd be interested to hear the CD before I make judgments on the mix, because I really do think that that was a poor quality leaked version of the song.

Oh, and the tour dates are out, and guess what? He's not coming here. This is not my day. }:(

http://www.rollingstone.com/rockdaily/index.php/2007/08/28/bruce-springsteen-announces-fall-tour-dates-new-single-available-today/

Edited by Guest
Added tour info

Oh I can't make a final judgement either until I have the album in my hands, and I am thrilled it is coming out on vinyl! I guess when it comes to Bruce I have very high expectations when I learn that he is putting out a new album. This single just struck me a different. But then I didn't care for The River album, but I am still a fan.

Sorry he won't be heading your way.

We will just head to RJ's he is going to be in Jersey! :)