A father and daughter duet you never thought you'd see.

Sweet Jane 61

Lisa Marie Presley is commemorating the 30th anniversary of her father's death by singing along with him. Elvis Presley's only child, who has released two albums of her own, will premiere the video of a posthumous duet with her dad on his classic 'In the Ghetto' Thursday night at the the 30th Anniversary Elvis Presley Tribute Concert in Memphis. Starting on Friday, it will be available for viewing on Spinner.com, as well as for purchase on iTunes for a charitable cause near and dear to the Presleys.

The video, directed by Tony Kaye ('American History X'), was shot in New Orleans, and, as Presley tells Spinner, she was so touched by the lingering affects of Hurricane Katrina that she decided to make this video more than just a tribute to her dad.

"I landed there to do the video, and I looked around when I got off the plane ... It looks like Katrina happened six months ago," Presley says. "So, that's when it all fell together."

The duet -- both song and video -- will be available on iTunes for downloading, starting Friday. All proceeds will go toward the building of a Presley Place transitional housing development for underprivileged families in New Orleans.

"Families come in and live there, get their life skills together," Presley explains about the charity her family originally started in Memphis. "They get jobs and then they save their money, and about a year later, they move out when they can get back on their feet. It's something Elvis was very interested in, because it's kinda where he started from.

presley-cover-cut.jpg

These things are not really my cup of tea, but it's not such a bad idea. Remember, Elvis was from Mississippi, which was also hit very hard. I believe the motives are mostly altruistic, she certainly doesn't need the cash.

Sure it promotes her own career, but I can live with that. There are a lot of people that will probably lap this up, and if it gives some help to some people who need it, great.

I saw a peek at it on television. It is pretty uncanny, seeing them together, they look amazingly alike.

True. I've never heard her, but if she were any good, you'd thing I would've huh? I'm afraid the comparison ends with the looks.

But hey, it's for charity. That counts for something, I guess. It'll sell millions like all Elvis tribute material. :P

I read this news story and thought maybe it was the ghost of Elvis stealing the gun so he can kill himself again after hearing the duet.

Presley-owned handgun stolen from museum

MEMPHIS, Tenn. - A handgun owned by Elvis Presley was stolen from a museum as fans converged on Memphis to mark the 30th anniversary of the singer's death, authorities said.

The black, 9mm Smith & Wesson pistol was taken Tuesday from a display case in the Elvis After Dark museum, across the street from Graceland, Presley's mansion, police said.

A video camera caught a man removing the pistol from the display case around midnight.

The theft was discovered Friday when a visitor noticed that a glass panel on the case was unfastened and Graceland officials reviewed the video. Graceland operates the museum.

Presley died at Graceland on Aug. 16, 1977, and is buried in a small garden beside the house.