Fantasy Football III : The ' Kick Carl's Royal Butt ' Season

Kevin

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow ! Looks like Rayzor is going to beat Joe , now , ( even short an RB !?! ) which is really going to make for an interesting finish . Those last playoff spots are going to come down to not only a win , but points , too . Will be very interesting with alot of possible outcomes . We are so top heavy with challengers this year - good parity among most of the teams this year .

It's getting scary! :shocked: This matchup with phil was especially scary. I went to bed, hoping for a miracle ... I could see where it was going! :crazy:

At the last minute yesterday, I switched QB's, thinking, by virtue of the law of averages, Eli would have a good game for once. Wrong. That's what I get for thinking! ;)

He is the most frustrating QB in FF . I refuse to take him anymore after one season of having him . Bench him and he rocks ; start him and he'll give you little more than the average kicker . :crazy: :P Even a lower ranked QB is easier on the nerves as you can at least expect not to gain to much and try and plan around that .

Only the Zombies have less points than me. How I got to 8 wins, I'll never know.

1. Holler Uncle 9-5-0 .643 2070.31

2. Rayzorblaydds 9-5-0 .643 1865.07

3. CeeCee's Riders 8-6-0 .571 2069.28

4. Meats and Cheeses 8-6-0 .571 1980.60

5. La Philan Tomlinson 8-6-0 .571 1966.30 6. Stems N Seeds 8-6-0 .571 1918.78

7. RonJonSurfers 8-6-0 .571 1704.11

8. Eyegore's Infidels 5-9-0 .357 1820.51 9. Fightin' Lizards 4-10-0 .286 1723.05

10. Zombies 3-11-0 .214 1614.16

• 3 weeks later...

Congratulations to CeeCee (Lucky) on winning the Fantasy Football Superbowl. I knew when she made the playoffs that she'd win it all.

Cheech, you had a fantastic second half and may have set a record for points accumulated. Maybe our Commish can check on that.

It was fun and I am proud to have finished in first place and second in points. It's an honor to have lost to such a fine champion.

Congratulations to CeeCee (Lucky) on winning the Fantasy Football Superbowl. I knew when she made the playoffs that she'd win it all.

Cheech, you had a fantastic second half and may have set a record for points accumulated. Maybe our Commish can check on that.

It was fun and I am proud to have finished in first place and second in points. It's an honor to have lost to such a fine champion.

Thanks Joe! Most weeks, being mostly QB-less, I spent biting my nails, to tell you the truth. If we do this next year someone please remind me to DUMP ELI post haste, if I should end up with him again. Two years is quite enough!

The one thing I am truly proud of this year is this. I didn't ask for any manly advice... (except once, from Kev... he didn't have anything good to offer :shades: ). So yay for Girl Power!! :)

Well done , Lucky ( and Joe and Sammy for 2 & 3 ) ! :bow: :thumbsup: It's nice to see championships passed around a bit . You've really honed your skills in football over these last couple of seasons - you da 'man' to ask advice from , now ! :cool:

It was an good season ( for most ) with as close a finish for the playoff spots as I've ever seen . Ray's bunch really fell apart - reminded me of the last scene from Scarface or something ;a top dog to near the bottom in just a couple weeks . :shocked:

I have to thank Carl for letting me coast into 5th by not switching his injured players . This will at least help to salvage my overall Yahoo! rating somewhat . :) Worst season ever for me , but I think I learned alot - especially that there has been a passing of the torch to alot of new young hotshots . It was an interesting season with so many stars from last year coming up duds and the huge impact of some preseason virtual unknowns . It was also the year of the TE , as a number of teams started using them more . Previous seasons only had 2 or 3 guys that would put up any impressive numbers consistantly.

Thanks all for playing hard week in and out ( beats the public leagues where 30+% just quit early ), and see you at spring training .

Thnaks phil! I have to say it gave me great satisfaction to kick all your a$$e$! I admit, I jumped up and down and whooped a few times. ;)

A finer bunch of butts to kick I could never find. I learn from watching what you all do. Thank you, boys! :bow: