Fantasy Football III : The ' Kick Carl's Royal Butt ' Season

Kevin

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wayne Gretzky has tried to make this a winning hockey team, but without Jeremy Roenick it doesn't look possible. We still have the best basketball team though :P

Trust me, I have nothing against Arizona other than the fact that they stole MY hockey team! :wink:

Our undying , eternal hatred and envy and desire for revenge - satisfied ?

We need one more as they won't let us start without an even number . We do have the ' dummy ' team option , though , but I thought perhaps Joe had that covered already ! ;) :laughing: :laughing: :shades:

Sent Das a PT but haven't heard back yet .

Going twice ...

In the meantime , I'd recommend people start to set up their draft order during this week . Whatever we end up doing with that last team spot , we'll likely do our draft by the end of the week or on the weekend . Stand by for more news .

OK -I've added a dummy team ( Zombies - instructions about that later ; some of you already know ) so we can play . I'll activate the draft at midnight SUN. (ASIA ) , which should be ~ SUN / 9:00AM (EST ) in the US , so you have until then to set your draft choices if you wish . You don't have too , of course , as the default will give you a pretty good deal too , but for those who want to -get at it . The Zombies will not set a draft order .

If everyone is ready before then , post in so I can set it even earlier than the above time .

Lucky you ! I only get to meet them once . Mind you they may be at their stongest in week one - we'll have to see .

Some basic dummy team guidelines:

1. The dummy team will be operated by the commisoner .

2. This team will never offer nor accept trades .

3. This team will always put up it's strongest team based on Oranks in weeks 1-4 , and then actual ranks thereafter .

4. Injury and BYE week substitutions will always come from whatever is available on the bench first , and only if no such player exists , will the lowest ranked player ( in that position first ; followed by the lowest ranked redundant position player next ) be dropped and the highest ranked player available be picked up from waivers to fill the spot based on the above guidelines in #3 . This is in the case of injuries .

The Dummy team will make pickups to fill vacant spots due to a Bye week , but ONLY if a redundant player exists on the bench and that a higher ranked player can be picked up . They will always choose the highest available( see#3 ) . Otherwise , it will make substitutions only from what is available on it's roster .The priority order of BYE week subs will be: QB/RB/WR/DEF/K/TE /D/W-R

The dummy team will place it's first available player on IR ( and keep him there regardless of seriousness, length of time etc. ) and pick up a player of the exact same position . Whenever eligible , the IR player will be re-activated or dropped based on #3 .

----------------------------------

The Draft has been called for . In fact I set it about 6 hours earlier than I mentioned previously since it was early AM in the US and I didn't think anyone would mind at that point . As we still haven't received our players you can make last minute changes still . I would expect teams within the next 24 hours .

Scoring changes for 2007 season : Yahoo! has made some overdue changes to their default scoring this year and I can agree with them , although we have been ahead of them over the last three seasons anyway . They are as follows :

1. Passing TD ( QB) : 4 points ( down from 6 in default and up from 3 in our previous seasons )

2. Passing yds ( QB ): 1 point for every 25 yards ( up from 1 per 50 in default and up from 1 per 30 in our league )

3. Rushing/passing yds ( RB/WR ) : 1 point per 10 yds ( up from 1 per 20 in default and the same as in our past leagues )

-----------------

If anyone disagrees or wants to suggest something else or just comment on these changes- or any other scoring category- let me know soon . I believe the first game ( just 1 though ) is on this coming Thursday , so all must be set before then.

My only hesitation on these is a concern that teams fortunate enough to have the premier RB/WR/QBs may start to show a huge imbalance point -wise compared to all the other positions . I've been trying to make the entire roster relevant - though it is quite impossible ( and likely undesireable ) to reduce the importance of these positions too much . I just don't want them to be WAY too important , point-wise , is all , and make it extremely difficult for weaker teams to have a chance to defeat them .

Trust me, I have nothing against Arizona other than the fact that they stole MY hockey team! :wink:

You can have the Jet/Coyotes back, we don't care much for them here, even though ticket prices are relatively cheap. We're thinking (the city) that the Cardinals will fly away & land in LA after a couple of years, so we can apply for a new expansion team.

Well, somehoiw I managed to draft last again. What's up wit dat?

They gave me a very weak first week opponent to make up for it though. A little consolation.

:laughing: :laughing: - jerk ! We'll see ...

I don't know why , but Joe and I faceoff 1st and meet the most each season ... fate , I guess .

• 2 weeks later...