Jemima was a bullfrog...

Ian

Hello Ian! Nice to have a new person to talk to. :thumbsup: :bow: :bow:

3DN is good, and probably has one of the best selection of singles as well. 'One', 'Eli's Coming' (which was the first song I ever played on my radio program! :coolio: ), 'Celebrate', 'Mama Told Me (Not to Come)', and 'An Old Fashioned Love Song' are probably their best-known songs, and they're all good. :thumbsup: :guitar: :drummer: :headphones:

:happybanana:

A couple of years ago I saw them on some music special....they sounded as good as they did years ago....great stuff..

Were most of their songs written by others like Paul Williams and Randy Newman?.....and do you know if they wrote any of their own?....just wondering...

Edited by Guest

Laurie, I think they wrote maybe one of their own, that became a hit...which one..I don't know. Check this out for star power:

Three Dog Night's 21 Top 40 Hits:

Mama Told Me (Not To Come) #1

Joy to The World #1

Black And White #1

Shambala #3

Easy To Be Hard #4

An Old Fashioned Love Song #4

The Show Must Go On #4

One #5

Never Been To Spain #5

Liar #7

Eli’s Coming #10

The Family Of Man #12

Celebrate #15

Out In The Country #15

Sure As I’m Sittin’ Here #16

Let Me Serenade You #17

One Man Band #19

Pieces Of April #19

Try A Little Tenderness #29

Til The World Ends #32

Play Something Sweet (Brickyard Blues) #33

Here's a little something to think about!

'Joy To The World' was written by Hoyt Axton.

He, of course, is a country singer. The label he recorded on was called 'Jeremiah Records' and the logo for Jerimiah Records is a bullfrog. Hmmm, now listen to the song again.

Here's a little something to think about!

'Joy To The World' was written by Hoyt Axton.

He, of course, is a country singer. The label he recorded on was called 'Jeremiah Records' and the logo for Jerimiah Records is a bullfrog. Hmmm, now listen to the song again.

Oh hey, I like that. Now I will listen again.

Jeremiah was a bullfrog. Was a good friend of mine. I never understood a single word he said, but I helped him drink his wine. And he always had some mighty fine wine. Hoyt Axton did enjoy his wine, didn't he?? ;)

From what I understand here's how TDN got their name: In Australia they measure the coldness of the night this way, it is so cold it would take 3 dogs to keep you warm, so a 3 dog night is a very cold night. Of course when I was in high school we used to say it was a triple blind date!!!!

'I'm blind and I don't like what I think I see'

• 3 months later...