walter Scott

lbwdec

Does anyone rememebr this guy ? He was the lead singer for Bob Kuben and the IN Men in the mid to late 60's ? He went out on his own and had several hits, one about a guy coming home from the VN war. I think the name if the song is " Coming Home" but I am not sure. if anyone can help me, I'd appreciate it.

lbwdec

Can you provide a bit more information?

I know this singer and band, seeing as how they are all from my home town. First, the last name is spelled Kuban. Bob Kuban. If you're searching you'll have better luck.

They had a big hit in the 60's with The Cheater ( true one hit wonder). Walter Scott did provide the lead vocals on this song. I've checked allmusic.com, and they have no listing for a song by that name. Can you remember any of the lyrics at all? I've heard many of their songs, because they still play locally today.

By the way, Walter Scott was murdered back in 1983, in an awful way. :crazy:

After reading more carefully, I see the song was by Walter Scott. I can find no official record that he released anything on his own, at least on a national level. I know that he did perform alone sometimes, so it's possible that he may have recorded something.

Edited by Guest
poor reading comprehension

True Lucky...as I recall he didn't have several hits but he recorded a couple of songs that got a little radio air play in his home area.

A&E did a show on his murder. It was particularly grisley and involved his girlfriend and her new lover or was she his ex-wife? They robbed him, beat him to death and burried him in the back yard as I recall.

Here's the story on Scott: Walter Scott on WIKI

He was actually shot to death after being hogtied and beaten.

Edited by Guest
added info

It truthfully was very gruesome.

His body was also dumped down the well on his property. It wasn't found for several years. His wife and her lover were convicted of the crime, after a trial that dragged on for a very long time.

Now I'm going to have to dig into this more, for possible recordings!

Edited by Guest
spelling, or lack thereof...

Hi All.

Thanks for the responses.

I did see the A & E show. It was so sad.

As for the words to the song, all I remember are the last few words.

NO SHE DOESN'T LOVE ME, LIKE SHE DID BEFORE,

I FOUND OUT TONIGHT THAT SHE LOVES ME EVEN MORE.

(LOVES ME EVEN MORE, LOVES ME EVEN MORE) AND THEN IT FADES.

I am from St. Louis and it was a hit ?67, 68 somewhere in there. KXOk played it all the time. Everyone in the area remember the favorite dj back then > Johny Rabbitt.!

Anyway, those are the only words I can get my brain to remember.

I do have a 45 of Walter Scotts. It's called "JUST YOU WAIT". I found it years ago when I was home visiting and went to a record shop way out on Gravois. That song is o my list of "I WANT IT AND CAN'T FIND IT" . LOL

Thanks again.

lbwdec