The Classic Debate

Slowhand

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I need to ask this. Sorry.

If the the Stones had split at the same time as The Beatles did and stopped performing together as a band, would this debate even be a thought? Would the Stones as individuals have the same success as ALL The Beatles did? Sorry but I honestly don't think they would.

And thanks for the welcome :)

Lea

I need to ask this. Sorry.

If the the Stones had split at the same time as The Beatles did and stopped performing together as a band, would this debate even be a thought? Would the Stones as individuals have the same success as ALL The Beatles did? Sorry but I honestly don't think they would.

And thanks for the welcome :)

Lea

I think Mick Jagger would have had some individual success if the Stones would have split early on. I'm not sure about the rest ot the band and I'm sure not even Jagger would have had the success members of The Beatles had on their own. I think this debate was about comparing the groups as just that,groups,not individual members,and that kind of debate can rage on forever. But you raise a interesting question and welcome to Song Facts. :coolio:

Welcome!! :bow: :bow:

Lea, if The Stones would have split in 1970 we wouldn´t have had Sticky Fingers, Exile on Main Street, Goeat´s Head Soup nor It´s only Rock´n Roll, their best albums, the Mick Taylor years... :bow: :bow: What a great thing they didn´t split... :)

Well I have always liked both The Beatles and The Rolling Stones. Do I know which was better? No. Do I care? No. Is it fair to compare? Probably not. I just like their music. Do I expect everybody to like their music? No. Do I like asking questions? Looks like it. :)

BnW, could you please ask some more questions? I am full of answers today! :grin:

BnW, could you please ask some more questions? I am full of answers today! :grin:

Who is better,The Beatles or The Stones?? Who is better,Ledd Zepp or The Who? Are The Stones diverse? Should The Dixie Chicks said what they did? Are our leaders buffoons and idiots? Is world wide anarchy the answer? That should keep you busy for a spell :P:P

Who is better,The Beatles or The Stones?? Who is better,Ledd Zepp or The Who? Are The Stones diverse? Should The Dixie Chicks said what they did? Are our leaders buffoons and idiots? Is world wide anarchy the answer? That should keep you busy for a spell :P:P

Can't decide, Can't decide, sure why not, most of the time, doubt it....I never said I was full of long answers just answers! :grin:

Can you tell I have the sassy attitude going on today??!! :laughing: