"Nevermind" or "In Utero"?

johnny

Ahhhh, I have spent countless hours debating (and even arguing) about this topic with friends and other fans of Nirvana....

"Nevermind" or "In Utero"?

Now personally, "In Utero" is my favourite and I do think it's still the superior brother to "Nevermind". It's just so raw. Cobains voice, the riffs. It's incredible. I think softer songs ("Dumb", "All Apologies") are heavier than the actual heavier ones, like "Tourettes", "Scentless Apprentice". Kurts voice on "Dumb" still haunts me when I listen to it (try it with headphones, it sounds like he's there). Plus it's got probably my favourite Nirvan song of all time, "Frances Farmer will have her revenge on Seattle".

So fellow songfact members, discuss....

(I'm going to go and listen to In Utero now....)

In Utero by far! Nevermind is a pop album, everyone has it and everyone likes it. When i heard it, it was good but nothing really grabbed me as such. In Utero had something else, it was more - natural and I could listen to it over and over again. My favourite songs off Nevermind are the most popular ones. In Utero is just superior right to the hidden track.

I know I've said all this before, but I never found Nevermind as appealing a listen as In Utero or even Incesticide.

yeah, I know, but there's no other tunes on that one I like... :tongue:

Smells Like Teen Spirit had some heavy rockoishness to it, so I didn't mind it (after it was played on the radio and MTV for 24 hours straight for almost a year!) I liked it alot more after all the hype had worn off :grin:

I didn't like them...

good question! There is a difference between the two... although I was just trying to stir it up :grin:

The Nirvana tune I like is Penny Royal Tea (sp?)

Ahhh Pennyroyal Tea. Broke my first guitar string rocking out to that. I'll always remeber that....

yeah, I know, but there's no other tunes on that one I like... :tongue:

Smells Like Teen Spirit had some heavy rockoishness to it, so I didn't mind it (after it was played on the radio and MTV for 24 hours straight for almost a year!) I liked it alot more after all the hype had worn off :grin:

Ohhh god I know. Teen Spirit is so overrated. Don't get me wrong, I'm a huge fan of Nirvana. I know that song is so important but I still think it's overrated....

• 2 weeks later...

I find it difficult trying to decide between the two. I like the B-sides from off of Nevermind over the radio cuts and most of the production on In Utero is better, even though too much feedback and distortion, set in a way that made it painfully obvious it was Anti-climatic meant for commercial appeal. Serve the Servants & Francis Farmer... are my two favorites songs by them, so I would probably pick In Utero.