______ CD you bought....?

johnny

Well I always like knowing info on what cd's people bought, so let us all know yours....

First CD bought: Mellon Collie & the Infinite Sadness - The Smashing Pumpkins

- Started my CD collection & my unhealth obsession with this band....

Last CD bought: Zeitgeist - The Smashing Pumpkins - Bit dissapointed.... :(

Best spent money on a CD: Oh, Inverted World - The Shins - Was suprised to find this in a CD shop a few years ago (it would be easier now) and even more suprised to find it in Australia. I paid $26 for this 33 minute album, but god it was worth it....

Biggest suprise to find that the CD was better than you thought it would be: Plans - Death Cab for Cutie - Has spent a surprising amount of time in my CD player the last few months....

Most Wanted CD at the moment - The Boatmans Call - Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds - There's something about Nick Cave's music that just draws me....

If you were on a desert island, and just one CD, what would it be - Adore - The Smashing Pumpkins - Most fans of the SP don't give this album enough recognition, but it's dark, beautiful, and way before it's time....

CD in your CD player at the moment - Disintegretion - The Cure - Not my favourite album from Robert Smith and Co but has got some of the best (and dare I say worse) Cure songs out there....

Oh and I do love all the old classic bands (Zeppelin, The Who, Black Sabbath) but I just raid my dad's vinyl collection for those....

You don't have to fill in all of them or fill in the info but do some. And if you have any other categories add them into yours to!

First CD bought: R.E.M.~Green (but going back further the first cassette I bought was Olivia Newton~John's Greatest Hits Volume II)

Last CD bought: Ryan Adams~Easy Tiger-I can't stop listening to it.

Best spent money on a CD: All my Beatles CDs

Biggest suprise to find that the CD was better than you thought it would be: Easy Tiger. After Twenty-Nine I was beginning to doubt Ryan.

Most Wanted CD at the moment-The White Stripes~Icky Thump

If you were on a desert island, and just one CD, what would it be-That answer changes daily, but today let's say The Beatles' White Album

CD in your CD player at the moment-Ryan Adams Cold Roses Side 2

I have some vinyl I kiped from my dad when he was too drunk to notice~ The Guess Who's Greatest Hits, and Elton John Greatest Hits and some of my mom's old ones~Janis Joplin-Pearl, Carole King-Tapestry, Sly and the Family Stones Greatest Hits, and some Monkees-Pices Capricorn Aquarius and Jones and

Headquarters

First CD bought: Moneytalks ~ AC/DC (my first album was Dirty Deeds, but that was vinyl. The rest were tapes...)

Last CD bought: Bat Out Of Hell ~ Meatloaf (had this on vinyl and cassette, but not yet on CD)

Best spent money on a CD: Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap ~ AC/DC (cost me $8 before tax. To me it's worth hundreds of millions!)

Biggest suprise to find that the CD was better than you thought it would be: 4 ~ Foreigner (I only knew one song from the album, turns out the whole thing rocks!)

Most Wanted CD at the moment: Badfinger ~ Badfinger (I am really starting to have a major love for these guys, thanx Laurie!)

CD in your CD player at the moment: Pearl ~ Janis Joplin, Dirty Deeds ~ AC/DC, April Wine Greatest Hits

First CD I bought: I don't really remember, but it was probably 13 ~ die Ärzte

last CD I bought: Favourite Worst Nightmare ~ Arctic Monkeys

Biggest Surprise: Odelay ~ Beck (at that time I only knew "Loser", but they didn't have Mellow Gold at the store - so I 'settled' with this one :rockon: )

Best spent money: The Singles - The Clash (never knew much of them, bought it on a whim for 8€)

First CD bought: I've no idea

Last CD bought: Be Here Now -- Oasis

Best spent money on a CD: Tin Soldier (Anthology) -- Steve Marriott. Three CDs and far from cheap, but I love every single song on it. Small Faces, Humble Pie, Steve Marriott solo... :bow:

Biggest suprise to find that the CD was better than you thought it would be: Urban Hymns -- The Verve. I did expect it to be great (certain people had hyped it enough ;) ) but I never would have bought a Verve album on my own, so that's why.

Most Wanted CD at the moment: Standing On The Shoulder of Giants -- Oasis, and I want a Kula Shaker album.

If you were on a desert island, and just one CD, what would it be: Tommy -- The Who. It's a masterpiece (and you have to listen to it in one go... no skipping, no pausing, no doing anything else but listening to it)

CD in your CD player at the moment Familiar to Millions -- Oasis

First CD Bought:

I can't remember. But, I can tell you that the first cd I bought with my first paycheck (I was 15) was 'The Distance To Here' by Live.

Last CD Bought:

LOVE - The Beatles

Best Money Spent:

Alice Cooper's 'Killer' album. Got it mega cheap, and absolutely love love love it.

CD In My CD Player:

There is five in there;

Ixnay On The Hombre - The Offspring

Garage Inc. - Metallica

School's Out - Alice Cooper

Van Halen - Van Halen

Candy-O - The Cars

I can't remember the first CD I bought

The last two CDs I bought were Amy Winehouse - Back to Black and Lily Allen - Alright, Still

Biggest surprise: the two aforementioned CD's. I rarely buy CD's where I only know one song and these are good.

Biggest disappointment: New Radicals - Maybe You've Been Brainwashed Too. Maybe I need a couple more listens, but so far, I'm sorry I spent the money.

Most worth the money: Some of the greatest hits compilations I have

There is no CD currently in my player, but I'm contemplating putting in Gwen Stefani later

CD I want: I want to own all of Garbage's CD's or get them from itunes

I have no idea about my firts cd. I have many promo cds since the mid 80s and I didn´t have a cd player until 10 years ago, I had to borrow one from my ex or tape it and listen to the cassette.

Then when I had a cd player I burned lots of cds. I remember I bought some Who, Joe Jackson and Smashmouth for my husband... could be these ones.

I am listening ro music right now.

First CD bought: I'm really not sure, but I think it was Abbey Road.

Last CD bought: Third- Soft Machine. This is definetly one of the strangest things I have ever heard.

Best spent money on a CD: I dunno, but it would have to be one of my Beatles ones.

Biggest suprise to find that the CD was better than you thought it would be: A Farewell To Kings- Rush

Most Wanted CD at the moment: In The Court Of The Crimson King- King Crimson- I've wanted it for a while now, but I'm too cheap to pay $22 for it new so I'm just waiting til I see it used.

If you were on a desert island, and just one CD, what would it be? Revolver or Sgt. Peppers probably.

First CD bought: Third Eye Blind - Third Eye Blind

(still one of my favorites!)

Last CD bought: Dangerdoom - The Mouse and the Mask

(a great collaboration between one of my favorite rappers and one of my favorite producers)

Best spent money on a CD: The CD mentioned above was brand new and cost 4 dollars

Biggest suprise to find that the CD was better than you thought it would be: Death Cab for Cutie - Transatlanticism

(I used to despise Death Cab. Plus, I was surprised that my younger sister found out about a good CD before I did)

Most Wanted CD at the moment - Radiohead's unreleased 7th album

(I can't wait any longer!)

If you were on a desert island, and just one CD, what would it be? - I'd rather bring a guitar, because I'd inevitably get tired of the CD, even if it was my favorite album, "Pink Moon" by Nick Drake.

CD in your CD player at the moment: Stars - In Our Bedroom After the War

(not nearly as good as Set Yourself on Fire but it's growing on me)

first cd: Bryan Adams "so far so good" (i was 12, don't judge)

last cd I bought: CSS "Cansei de ser sexy" and pigeon detectives "Wait for me"

Best Money spent: probably The DOors box set, it's got everything in a pretty box!

Biggest surprise: I think Franz Ferdinand "Franz Ferdinand", I only bought it because I kept seeing their poster and it turne dout to be amazing!

Most wanted at the moment: Editors "An end has a start"