The Songfactor's Choice Top Ten #73

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hang On Sloopy was nominated back in Top Yen #40 by Ron (Steel2Velvet) - 29 Points. Most who voted for it then are still around, so (if they vote for it again) it has a very good chance of making it this time, Laurie !

Intresting about The Move/E.L.O. That's good research, because The Move of course evolved into E.L.O. I didn't know before that they had the original version of Do Ya. It must have been their last recording, or last Hit as The Move anyway.

:)

Speak of the Devil (who nominated it) - look who's here !!!

WELCOME BACK, LARS (Dappled). :thumbsup:

:guitar:

I don't have the time today to think up some popular songs, so I go with ones I like :grin:

Summertime ~ Morcheeba (1998) Amateur Video

sadly this one didn't make it as one of my nominations for the "Best Cover" Ten, but it's a, imho, great version of George Gershwin's (or Ella Fitzgerald's) original :)

Latin Simone (¿Qué pasa contigo?) ~ Gorillaz (2001) Video

co written and vocals by the fabulous Ibrahim Ferrer (1927-2005) of the Buena Vista Social Club

Thank you, Darryl, I had to check in too see if Lucky's behaving, and she is too :thumbsup:

Why Dappled! Of course I'm behaving, unlike some of these rabblerousers around here. Got your nominations all put up, all 3 weeks of them! :)

Hey great nomination by The Move!. I had to dig a bit to get the story on that, I was definately intrigued! You've got my vote, buddy! :)

Come to think of it, that song would've worked well in the top covers thread... ;)

I hope you had a lovely time away....

;)

Here's an odd coupling of songs, each of which were good songs and giant hits.

Danny's Song-Anne Murray (1973)

Here's a great, rare video as one of my all-time favorites Roland (John Zacherle) introduces Bobby "Boris" Pickett at a fairly recent Halloween gathering...

Monster Mash-Bobby "Boris" Pickett (1973)

And here's another version, an interesting compilation featuring a cameo by our own Kevin.

Monster Mash Compilation Vid

Here's an odd coupling of songs, each of which were good songs and giant hits.

Danny's Song-Anne Murray (1973)

Here's a great, rare video as one of my all-time favorites Roland (John Zacherle) introduces

Bobby "Boris" Pickett at a fairly recent

Halloween gathering...

Monster Mash-Bobby "Boris" Pickett (1973)

And here's another version, an interesting compilation featuring a cameo by our own Kevin.

Monster Mash Compilation Vid

I love the Anne Murray nomination, Joe! It's definitely got my vote. :thumbsup: