Most Influential Artists of the Decades

Lucky

the 1970's:

1. The Rolling Stones.

I wanted them in the 60's but I think they more importantly belong here. Beginning with the influence they had in the late 60's, they continued into the 70's and had the biggest influence here, I believe. They were (are) the epitome of the "big" rock band, and many copied them into the 70's, evidenced by just this one for example: Aerosmith.

2. The Eagles.

Pure and lovely country rock, they were the kings. They headed up a group of artists (songwriters and musicians) such as JD Souther, Jackson Browne, Linda Ronstadt, and the very talented Diana Krall, just to name a few.

3. KISS.

I gotta go with the Dude on this. They introduced Metal, and we all know where that went, for good or bad. The influence they had was huge.

Dude!! Hello and welcome!

I was just wondering... think AC/DC had anything to do with the '80's thing? You know, simple tunes and just being louder than everyone else? I agree Kiss had alot to do with it, but I think they had help from other bands (AC/DC, Aerosmith, Argent and the list goes on...)

Just my opinion... :smile:

1970s

1. Led Zeppelin (grudgingly) ;)

2. The Bee Gees (DISCO)*

3. The Sex Pistols (PUNK)*

Honorable Mention: Pink Floyd. No other Artist/Group has ever had an Album chart for an incredible 741 weeks ! Dark Side Of The Moon entered the Charts on St.Patrick's Day, March 17, 1973. Were any of them Irish ?

* The new Music genres of the 70s ! I wouldn't really class Glam Rock as a genre, although Dude puts forward a great case for it. Loved your Post, Dude ! Kiss are way up there, for sure.

#1 and #2 for the 1980s are just too easy. (Aren't I a smarty ?).

These two absolutely stand out as the Most Influential of the Decade.

1. Michael Jackson

2. Madonna

3. Prince, just pipping Bruce Springsteen; Honorable Mention U2.

:guitar: