The Songfactor's Choice Top Ten #72

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Band of Gold! Woo! Freda's in the hizzouse!

I never knock anyone's nominations because it's a very subjective process. But please, if you know what this song is about let me know. Separate rooms on the honeymoon? Did he realize on the honeymoon that he was gay? What's the story here?

And Billy Jack?

Sorry, I'll say no more.

This has been the most surprising top ten for me, in a good way. :rockon: :bow:

I tipped Hold Your Head Up to make #1 this time, and I never expected either the #1 or Thank You by LBloodyZ (both of which are fantastic songs that deserve to be in those positions) to beat it.

I commented recently on the fact that songs from the album Led Zeppelin II had been performing rather poorly in recent top tens. I think I can take that back now. :bow:

I'm very happy, despite both of my nominations missing out, and the fact that I haven't heard most of the songs in this top ten. :)

Edited by Guest

Yeah ! It's not Citizen Kane material but a Classic in its genre. ;)

I've never seen it on Video or DVD here in Australia, or, believe it or not, I'd buy it ! Not the sequel though. What was it - The Trial Of Billy Jack ?

Or did someone say there were three ? I don't know of any others.

And Billy Jack?

Sorry, I'll say no more.

I don't understand Joe. Are you critical of the movie or the song? Of course the movie was second rate, but a classic of the times for a certain generation, (mine). Are you saying you don't get the lyrics? Those I think are pretty self explanatory, and what I what like most about the song. The lyrics are universal, and fit as well today as they did then.

As for, Band of Gold, I've also wondered what in the world the lyrics mean, but at the end of the day, I really don't care. I love the song! :)

Sorry, I guess it really doesn't matter does it? We all like what we like, don't we? :P

Yes, edna, I think someone brought that to my attention here a while back. Or at least that is one possible explanation. It's possible too, that maybe he really idn't love her? Loved somebody else? Nope, the gay thing is probably right, and pretty risque subject, (though just loosely alluded to) for those times, huh? ;)

I don't understand Joe. Are you critical of the movie or the song? Of course the movie was second rate, but a classic of the times for a certain generation, (mine). Are you saying you don't get the lyrics? Those I think are pretty self explanatory, and what I what like most about the song. The lyrics are universal, and fit as well today as they did then.

For this forum I was questioning whether the song was "top ten" worthy. Obviously I think not. As to the movie, it was pure rubbish.

And Band of Gold does sound like a good song, the lyrics notwithstanding. Freeda stirred controversy with her only other hit, too..."Bring The Boys Home". Her songs fit the times I suppose.

I don't mean to be insulting towards anyone. Just MO, that's all.

No, I didn't think that Joe. There's often a song or two that I'm totally puzzled about. ;)

Sort of like the song that gave me the "lovely" earworm, earlier in this thread. I believe it was by Gallery.? :smirk:

You know I'm teasing, right?? :grin:

Ok Laurie, hold that thought... ;)

How about we get things rolling by wrapping this week's thread up....

sf_songfactorschoicetop10.jpg

The Songfactors' Choice Top Ten #72 for the week ending 20th July 2007

1. Are You Gonna Go My Way? - Lenny Kravitz (1993)

2. My Best Friend's Girl - The Cars (1978)

3. Thank You - Led Zeppelin (1969)

4. One Tin Soldier: The Legend of Billy Jack - Coven (1971)

5. My Maria - B.W. Stevenson (1973)

6. It's So Nice To Be With You - Gallery (1972)

7. Ruby, Don't Take Your Love To Town - Kenny Rogers And The First Edition (1969)

8. Hold Your Head Up - Argent (1972)

9. Band of Gold - Freda Payne (1970)

10.Do It Again - The Beach Boys (1969)

:headphones:

and opening up The Songfactor's Choice Top Ten #73!

:headphones: