"Set The Controls For The Heart Of The Sun"

On the Pink Floyd compilation, Echoes, the song "Set The Controls For The Heart Of The Sun" sounds scratchy. You know? Hissing and popping that gets in the way of enjoying the song. I thought maybe my cd was damaged, but all the other songs sound fine, except for this one. Has anyone else encountered this annoying defect?

^ yes, it is, but I read on wikipedia that they remastered every single one of the songs, so that they fade from one song to the other without a break to give it this concept album feeling...

so basically it could be made deliberatly...

on the other hand, if it's an original CD, it's highly unlikely that only one song would be affected of some error in the pressing or a scratch or something...

That's what probably happened. I haven't pulled out the cd yet, but that's the only song from the whole compilation that sounds "scratchy." The bad part is is that the cd is buried under boxes and boxes of cds and books, so it'll be a cold day in hell before I can pull it out and figure out what the problem is. Adding insult to injury that's my favourite Pink Floyd song. Thanks for the input, guys.