Music that needs to be longer

MindCrime

What songs have a guitar solo, or just a rhythm section that you think should've been made longer to better fill in the song ?

-a few that I think so-

Jimi Hendrix - Little Wing

Led Zeppelin - Over the Hills & Far Away

The Doors - The Crystal Ship (the organ piece in the middle)

Eagles - Hotel California (prominent solo at the end)

Rolling Stones - Honky Tonk Woman

Pink Floyd - Careful with that Axe Eugene! (it's a long enough instrumental as it is, but I really love this one)

Grateful Dead - Box of Rain

I agree with you Scott, if that song were twice as long, it would be even better.

Thank You by Led Zeppelin could've had the second chorus repeated a few times, it's upsetting how they only sing that part once, it's a true beauty of a song.

"Back Where You Belong" by Foreigner. I LOVE this tune but oh how I wish they carried the outro for another 30 minutes or so. IMO, the best vocals on any Foreigner tune.

"I'm Your Captain" by Grand Funk (btw, this guy went on saying it's called "Closer to home" or "Closer to Home/I'm Your Captain" and I tried to explain that for some reason they titled it like that for GH packages but it's officially called, "I'm Your Captain." He went on to try and discredit me over something so trivial).

Anyhoo, there are a couple of instances...

1) After the middle part are you really scheming... take my ship away from me... it kicks into high gear. However, it only lasts a few measures. Oh how I wish it went on for say, 30 minutes!

2) After that last verse, the tune goes slow and you hear ocean effects. After a few, " I'm getting closer to my home... (tune) kicks back in. Then Mark does this nice bluesy, 2 string bend licks. And again, it doesn't last long and I'm thinkin' maybe it should be say, 30 minutes!!

So let's add it up...

Song's originally 10 min long. Add my two parts @ 30 min ea = 1 hour and 10 minute tune.

I can live with that!!

Ant

"Back Where You Belong" by Foreigner. I LOVE this tune but oh how I wish they carried the outro for another 30 minutes or so. IMO, the best vocals on any Foreigner tune.

That's really in love with a song LOL :laughing: I've heard a lot of songs that were typical 3 minute tracks, that I wouldn't have minded being about 10 times longer & I'd still listen all the way through. There's a lot of Jimi Hendrix songs that would be nice with a longer jam session. There's also a lot of Bob Marley that I could listen to for hours on end.

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...