Thin Lizzy

Black Rose

I saw Thin Lizzy in about 1980 at the Milton Keynes Bowl (an ironically named venue if ever there was one). Top live band. Whilst the exact name escapes me, the best Thin Lizzy album I had on tape was 'Johnny the Fox' or something similar. One of those you wish you had bought the record.

Regards

...But the absolute best was "Live and Dangerous" which captures the the band at their very best.

That album was comprised from '2' concerts and one of them right here in Ontario (Toronto).

Call me a softie but "Jailbreak" does it for me. The guitars in the last track, "Emerald" just smoke!!

The only song you ever hear on the radio is "The Boys Are Back in Town." Don't get me wrong, it's a good song from a GREAT concept album, but you can't help but get a little bored with it when "classic rock" stations bombard you with it 6 times a day. . . :stars:

I've always liked "Still in love with you", which has a great guitar break in it, and "Dancing in the moonlight".

Remember seeing them in 1979 on the Black Rose tour, they were a fine live band and Phil Lynott was about the best rock front man around at the time...he always looked SO damn cool. :afro: