A bit behind the times

Otokichi

I'm dubbing part of a VHS T-120 to DVD, partly to answer the request of a fan of Japanese TV. The other reason is, the last stand alone VCR tends to eat tapes, and I'd really like to see these 2006 new year special programs again. Also, the iPhone has arrived...so I'm thinking of having the SuperDrive on the 2003 AlBook upgraded to read/record DVD+R DL disks. Any one else out there "not exactly up to date"? :stars:

I'm dubbing part of a VHS T-120 to DVD, partly to answer the request of a fan of Japanese TV. The other reason is, the last stand alone VCR tends to eat tapes, and I'd really like to see these 2006 new year special programs again. Also, the iPhone has arrived...

That is the part I understand... :cool:

so I'm thinking of having the SuperDrive on the 2003 AlBook upgraded to read/record DVD+R DL disks.

...now I´m lost too... :P

Any one else out there "not exactly up to date"? :stars:

Otokichi, you my dear, are waaaaay beyond the rest of us, apparently. Would you like to conduct a SF seminar on technological terminolgy, gadgets, and how to's for us musically informed, but techno-challenged folks?? :grin:

This post was an oblique way of commenting on "nice to have" vs. "need to have" tech. I finished dubbing a set of NTV's "I'm Old Enough!" (1995-2000) segments that were broadcast by KIKU TV in early 2006. Previously, all I had were two Panasonic VHS videocassette recorders, and envied those who had HDD Digital Video Recorders like TiVo. As for the iPhone, I'd rather spend those ducats to upgrade an old Mac PowerBook to handle dual layer recordable DVD's. (aka DVD+R DL.) Right now, I'm almost tempted to drop by the MegaMart for a cheap DVD player to send to a former Hawaii resident who otherwise can't view the 5/5/2007 memorial services+musical tribute to Don Ho. So, are there any Songfacts folk who still use Windows XP or play vinyl LP records? =:P

Edited by Guest

So, are there any Songfacts folk who still use Windows XP or play vinyl LP records?

Yes... me. :cool:

Wait, maybe I have an older version than WXP... in case there is... :laughing:

My computer is from 2000 but the software is from some 1998.