Queen in the Studio

RonJonSurfer

Queen Prepares New Album

Roger Taylor, Brian May and Paul Rodgers are working on Queen's first studio album in 16 years.

Rock band Queen is planning a return to the charts in 2008 after recording nine new songs with singer Paul Rodgers.

The rockers are said to be delighted with the progress they're making on their first studio album since frontman Freddie Mercury's death in 1991.

And former Free and Bad Company star Rodgers is so happy with his new bandmates, he's hoping to tour with them again.

He tells Billboard.com, "With Queen and myself, it's a very organic thing. We're letting it sort of develop itself naturally and not pushing it or giving it any pressure."

"We go in, just the three of us. Roger (Taylor) gets on the kit, Brian (May) gets on the guitar, I get on the acoustic guitar and piano, either/or, and then we share the bass line afterwards... I can hear the song line and then Brian can hear all the harmonies on top of it."

"Brian knows exactly what he's doing and we don't know what it's going to sound like, but when we go back into the studio and the engineer puts everything up we all go, 'Holy smokes, listen to that!' So that's the genius of harmonies."

Copyright World Entertainment News Network 2007

Exactly!! There is no more Queen, not without Freddie. And when they did the tour last year with Paul like a tribute kind of thing, that was ok, but this isn't right. Most groups, you can't replace the lead singer, it doesn't fit right especially when the lead was someone like Freddie. All that sexual energy and that voice, man!

You know when AC/DC did this, Brian for Bon, it was done so quickly that fans went with it and it turned out good. And I am not saying that Bon Scott was replaceable, but it seemed an easy transition. But with Freddie, or Jim Morrison, and even Michael Hutchence you can't replace the image of them, the presence they had, the voice, the energy, the whole package that was them and unique. I still think INXS made a huge mistake and now for Queen to be going forward with Paul and making an album under the name Queen, just doesn't sit well. When you had a group of people that fit together like a puzzle, as with Queen and a piece is gone for good, the puzzle can't be completed with a generic piece. God, I feel strongly about this, but I am a big fan of Queen and admired Freddie tremedously.