Drive-In Memories

Sweet Jane 61

Time to share those fun times at the drive-in! Remember to try and keep as clean as you can, don't want anyone to get in trouble.

My Mom said I was always takin' along as a toddler and fell asleep. Those times I don't remember.

My first memory of a drive-in was in Florida I was about 14 I think, hazy days back then, anyway I was with a group of friends and they were showing Deep Throat. Between the booze, drugs, and the movie it was one night my friends and I had one hell of a time. We did make fun of Linda Lovelace, she was not the most attractive chick. It was fun and silly for the most part.

Oh Jane, I have a drive-in story....kind of....

I was out with my friends also, 16 yrs old and going to quite a few parties one night....after being out for quite a long time, my friends decided to go to the drive-in, but I had to be home before midnight....they took me home and waited to see if I could go...I asked my mom and she said NO it's too late....I went anyways, and went I got home....oh boy, I was sorry I did that...that never happened again...LOL...you live and learn, right? :cool:

Isn't great when you see a classic movie like Star Wars at the drive-in? Movies just seem more fun when you are at the drive-in. You can talk and you don't have people behind you being a pain in the azz! I saw Rocky, the first on at the drive-in and it was great. People were cheering for him and I will never forget that night.

It's Saturday now, so I thought this was appropriate:

from Aladdin Sane

Drive In Saturday

=================

Let me put my arms around your head

Gee, it's hot, let's go to bed

Don't forget to turn on the light

Don't laugh babe, it'll be alright

Pour me out another phone

I'll ring and see if your friends are home

Perhaps the strange ones in the dome

Can lend us a book we can read up alone

And try to get it on like once before

When people stared in Jagger's eyes and scored

Like the video films we saw

His name was always Buddy

And he'd shrug and ask to stay

She'd sigh like Twig the Wonder Kid

And turn her face away

She's uncertain if she likes him

But she knows she really loves him

It's a crash course for the ravers

It's a Drive-in Saturday

Jung the foreman prayed at work

That neither hands nor limbs would burst

It's hard enough to keep formation with this fall out saturation

Cursing at the Astronette

Who stands in steel by his cabinet

He's crashing out with Sylvian

The Bureau Supply for ageing men

With snorting head he gazes to the shore

Which once had raised a sea that raged no more

Like the video films we saw

His name was always Buddy

And he'd shrug and ask to stay

She'd sigh like Twig the Wonder Kid

And turn her face away

She's uncertain if she likes him

But she knows she really loves him

It's a crash course for the ravers

It's a Drive-in Saturday

(repeat chorus)

It's a Drive-in Saturday (repeat)

I never was at a drive-in... sure, there was lots of theatres were we used to go some two dozen of fiends and watch three movies per day (or four)and eat and smoke and everything... but there´s no drive-ins in Europe. Or at elast, it´s not common...

Most of them in the US died out a long time ago. the property became too valuable for other things..like stupid condos.

The one that I referred to was converted into a 12plex theater...then a few years ago the building started sinking and they closed it down. The Ghost of Drive-ins Past came back and reclaimed the land.

I am fortunate to have two within 10 miles of my house. Something I love about small town America. Only two in the area. It is fun to see families there and kids running around having fun. YOu see the cars parked all the way in the last row and remember those good old days when you did that in high school. There should be more of them around.