Need some thoughts on John and Paul

I am writing a spot for a special we are having on the station about the 50th anniversary of John and Paul meeting, what I am asking of my SF Family is, your thoughts on what made them so great together writing the hits for The Beatles. I want different thoughts other than my own to weave into my spot. Thanks!

They each had a historic appreciation of those that preceded them. They were influenced by Buddy Holly, Elvis, Little Richard, Chuck Berry, Dylan, et al and they didn't mind admitting so. They incorporated their musical idols with their own imagination and created wonderful music.

They met as teenagers which, which I think is the beginning age of a true love for rock and roll. So here are these two teens and the want to have a band, they want to write songs, they want to perform.....so, they took childhood fantasies and turned them into reality...they lived it from their teen years until the end of the Beatles.

If they met in their mid 20's after a style was developed...it wouldn't have worked.

• 1 month later...