22 Greatest Voices in Music

Farin

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Where's Bon Scott's name? And Ozzy Osbourne?

And how in the holy-blue-heck do you make a list like this and not have Elton John, Billy Joel, Ella Fitzgerald, James Brown among hundreds of others?

This list should be wadded up and used as toilet paper to wipe my *ss next time I go!!

Stupid f#$%ing kids don't know anything about music from before 1990 and it sickens me. In school we learn our country's history in 1 class: history.

So music class: After learning our national anthem, why can't the kids at least get an overview of types of music that started, no exact dates or years necessary, just let them know that after Mozart there were other musicians than Kurt Cobain! :doh:

Edited by Guest
I'm drinking... sue me!

Believe me... I like Drowning Pool, Slipknot, Linkin Park (I've had Numb in my head all day!)

and many more. Rap, hip-hop and techno don't thrill me... kinda like disco, adult contemporary and new country/western.

I'm not quite a geezer yet... a year and a week from now maybe! But you are a whippersnapper to me! :thumbsup:

I just got cranky at the list, you know I'm usually nice while I drink! :grin:

Black Mountain is pretty good! :thumbsup:

Searching through youtube for new music is filled with hip-hop and rap though, just to show what the "in" thing is right now. (The 80's was the pop-era after all, right?) :crazy:

I just listed a few bands, by the way, because I'd be up all night trying to remember the names of those new bands (Nickelback, Bif Naked, Five for Fighting, Train, etc) that's why I just put "and many more. :tongue:

Searching through youtube for new music is filled with hip-hop and rap though, just to show what the "in" thing is right now. (The 80's was the pop-era after all, right?) :crazy:

Most serious music listeners know will tell you that the majority of the "mainstream" sucks, but there's plenty of great stuff out if you do a little digging.

• 2 weeks later...