Paris Hilton To take Over Falwell's Role

Kevin

( AP -Reuters ) Apparently the much maligned TV diva has a new goal in mind : that of a televangelist . Speaking with a hushed group of reporters today , Paris announced that she " has seen the light and the errors of her ways " and wants to help mankind , in whatever way is presented to her ."

" This has been an eye-opening experience , and I can see how false society is today ...I just want to do my part " , the heiress is quoted as stating . "I'll give every dime I have to help others , even if that left me penniless . I've seen suffering , now ."

Her parents were not available for comment nor wanted to comment in any way on the entire Hilton fortune being given away so easily . Hilton stocks dropped 3% on the Dow upon hearing the news , perhaps in response to her statement .

Monday Pm : FBI agents 'frog -walk ' one known as 'Ronjonsurfers' into a waiting car and lear jet ( which he enjoys - temporarly ) him to Guantanamo , where he is questioned indefinitely for being a Communist/ anti-establishment / just a rotten S.O.B . and confesses to being a traitor, to boot ... He eventually cracks and rats out Sammy , Joe and Peaches in return for his sorry hide . Tune in to 'Larry King Live ' tomorrow ! :)

Paris claims that she will ' pray for him -whatever he's ( they've ) done . "

The only people who say "People don't change," are people who have never changed.

My oldest daughter spent nearly two years in prison and she emerged seeking to improve her life by improving those of others. There was scepticism even from those closest to her. However after a year now, she has been transformed by doing just what she said she wanted to do. The change is remarkable.

It is an interesting facet of our human nature that we decry the shallow values of people like Paris Hilton; but when those same people make an effort indicative of a desire change, we heap further scorn upon them. Understandable to do so, but very interesting how we chose our flogging victims.

Well said Steel - but she is in the proverbial stocks of old now , and what will result is anyone's guess .

BTW : to maintain journalistic integrity here , I have , once again made up a BS story .... sorry !

Edited by Guest

The only people who say "People don't change," are people who have never changed.

My oldest daughter spent nearly two years in prison and she emerged seeking to improve her life by improving those of others. There was scepticism even from those closest to her. However after a year now, she has been transformed by doing just what she said she wanted to do. The change is remarkable.

It is an interesting facet of our human nature that we decry the shallow values of people like Paris Hilton; but when those same people make an effort indicative of a desire change, we heap further scorn upon them. Understandable to do so, but very interesting how we chose our flogging victims.

Ron, you daughter seems to be a remarkable woman, and I know you are proud. I had a cousin who spent almost 4 years in prison and is changed. I do believe that most people who have hit bottom can change their lives. But with Paris one does wonder if she is saying all this just to save face. It is hard to take her seriously at this point, and she only has herself to blame. If she actually does help out the poor and get involved in charities and improves her image, I for one will applaud her, but right now I am not goin to hold my breath that she will make this a life goal.

I feel in that situation, skepticism is merited and even expected, April. I know my daughter understood why those who saw her before prison could question her trustworthiness afterward. But she had the pluck to restructure her priorities one day at a time, despite the tongues of the doubters. We shall see if Hilton has it in her to do likewise.

On a funny note: I feel kind of discombobulated to learn I fell for a fake "story." What a gag! :doh:

You're quite excited about this, aren't you? Seven threads on this! :grin:

Oh my. How I wish I'd been here for that! Seven threads, and bogus as well. Kev, you should've waited a bit to confess. I'll bet it would've been hot topic! :laughing: