The most dangerous/risky thing you've done

Otokichi

I'm doing it right now, running an unencrypted broadband connection on Windows XP Home! (Uusually I surf the Web on an Apple portable.) Other than that, one memorable night, the car's battery died and I was cruising in the dark, hoping to get home before somebody rear-ended me or the police spotted me. (I didn't know that the alternator was toast.) Then there was the one time I drove home from a party not-quite-sober! (I inhabited the right lane the whole way home.)

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I tried to pull off a stunt on my skateboard that involved skateing off a friends gargage roof and landing on top of their worn out caravan that was parked on tarmac.....wonder how I didn't brake a bone? (I hit the grass the other side of the caravan!)

Then there was a time when I was messin' around with my mate with swords and stuff that he had. Little did i know that he was playing with a real sword, and I had a litle plastic one. Well what can I say? Some fake swords look really real, I really though his was fake! I had to explain how I got a deep gash in my forearm to my Mom, she was not amused...:crazy:

by far the stupidest thing i've ever done was go skinny-dipping with two girlfriends in the italian riviera when we were drunk - it was tonnes of fun at the time but looking back i realise how dangerous it was!

when i was younger i used to insist on walking home from town on my own. at the time i didn't drink so it wasn't drunken foolishness, just regular foolishness. that stopped when i was 18 and i got attacked and beaten up by three girls on my way home. it's safety in numbers all the way now!

by far the stupidest thing i've ever done was go skinny-dipping with two girlfriends in the italian riviera when we were drunk - it was tonnes of fun at the time but looking back i realise how dangerous it was!

Are they on the net ? :googly: Anyway ; follow the white rabbit ! :angel: :angel:

As a 21 year old in Key West, I used to walk the four-inch wide hand railing of the widow's watch cuppola on top the boardinghouse where I stayed. 40 feet up and I pretended to be a tightrope walker. I shiver thinking about that now. In that same town, I also had occasions to snorkle among shark and barracuda. At that age, I thought nothing could ever go wrong.

Well, on the day of my last exams I (very drunkenly) dived into the college pond, to discover it was only inches deep...covered in slime and with a beautifully broken nose, snot water and blood all over me, I went to the local florists and bought, from the cowering assistant, a bunch of flowers which I then took to my girlfriend's workplace and tried to give them to her...when I was removed, unceremoniously by security.

She got the flowers...but lost her job.

We're still married though...which says something.(thirty years later) :)

Hear, hear , We've been raised on potential fears ( though while real are minute ) but with mass media exposure seem to be happening next door -tonight . :P Life has always been and will continue to be dangereous - but that is partly what makes it interesting . Screams to legislate it ( potential dangers - with the exception of guns ) away ( hopelessly ) only reveal our lunatic fringe .

Sympathies to any who have been victims of random violence .

I once took a dip in Lake Malawi. Safe enough until I noticed large brown objects in the water ahead... when their little ears started flapping I left sharpish!

Another foolish episode involved me finding an artillery shell in a field whilst walking the dog. Being 14, I figured it would look good in my bedroom all polished up... I picked it up and placed it in a bread basket I also found nearby, and dragged it home for 4 miles. Upon seeing it, my old man went up the wall and called bomb-disposal. Turned out it was an unexploded 25Lb high explosive round left over from when the local marshes were use by the army as a firing range during WWII. It was gingerly handled into the back of a Land Rover and taken to an island off the coast to be detonated in safety... oops!!

I was in my early twenties and living in Florida. I went to a party with a friend of mine in a town I'd never been before to a person's house that I'd never met before. My friend hooked up with some random guy and left with him, leaving me stranded with no way of getting home and no idea where the hell I was. I had been talking to a guy, nothing romantic, just shooting the breeze. Once I realized I had been ditched, this guy and I kept talking and drinking. His 3 friends decided that it would be a fantastic idea to see the sun rise on Daytona beach, which was across the state from where we were. My dumb a$$ got into a beat up VW bus with 4 guys I'd just met to drive across Florida. They could have done anything to me. Thankfully, they were a cool bunch of guys and everything worked out just fine, but I still flip out thinking of all the things that could have gone wrong with that scenario. Yikes!