40 Songs That Changed The World

rockstar-101

[smallest] bazooka's $.02 worth[/smallest] :

Changing the World is a tall order.

Many of these songs affected the popular music landscape a bit. Most achieved ‘flavor of the times’ status due to some innovative production, video [smallest] and/or[/smallest] marketing technique, or ‘new’ artists that brought something unique. (They even could have included The Twist . by Chubby Checker)

The Beatles ([smallest]especially John Lennon[/smallest]) probably come closest to attaining the position of ‘historical figures’. I think they had a more profound effect on trends and attitudes than Elvis or Sinatra could ever claim. But even that is fading in time, and I Want To Hold Your Hand. or Strawberry Fields Forever never really had anything to with it.

Whoever dreamed up this list must have considered A Hard Rain’s A Gonna Fall . a superior Bob Dylan song (which it is), but, in terms of changing worlds (culturally or musically) both the better recognized Blowing In The Wind and electrified folk Like A Rolling Stone ought to out rank it.

I'd love to Change the World

But I don't know what to do

So I'll leave it up to you ~ Ten Years After

When I really got into music around the age of 13 I was reading RS and Creem, and I loved Creem! It was an awesome magazine and it didn't seem to change the way RS did over the years. I miss that magazine.

I know RonJon posted this link before but I can't remember where, check out this for some cool music history.

Creem

Exactly, the night DJ had the new issue last night and I glanced through it and I was like what a waste of paper and money. I don't know what happened to Jann Wenner, when he started RS back in '67 I think it was the magazine was all about rock and roll and everything connected to it, but now it is all flash and trash!

The main two articles of the last issue were on The Police and the global warming crisis. The Police rock and the global warming crisis is very important, especially since most of the people who read the magazine are probably around my age. How's that flash and trash?

Understandable, I guess I'm lucky I have nothing to compare it to, so I can't really complain...

That is true, but take a look at it sometime, really look at RS. There is a lot that could be left out and replaced with more interesting music articles. I just hate the fluff stuff, know what I mean?