Who's up for another baby poll?

Elvish

Unless she makes her grand entrance in the next few days, Edna wins by default :laughing:

elvish: 9 July

das: 14 July

rayzor: 14 July

Marc: 15 July

Kevin: 16 July

Lucky: 17 July

Jenny: 19 July

sammy: 19 July

RyansGirl: 22 July

Levis: 23 July

UncleJoe: 24 July

Farin: 24 July

Seeker: 25 July

SweetJ: 26 July

phil: 26 July

rj: 29 July

cs1987: 31 July

edna: July.... :P

God bless everyone who guessed early kiss.gif How funny is it that my guess is the earliest?

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

And I'm sorry for being crabby - just hard to believe that the doc was ready to slice and dice me on my due date. I'm pretty positive the baby doesn't have a womb-wall calendar. :crazy:

Anyway, I have an appointment with a chiropractor this morning who is qualified to perform the Webster technique. It's been known to turn breech babies - she's not, but the doc doesn't think she's optimally positioned.

Then tomorrow, I'm seeing an acupuncturist. And I'm planning to have a baby this weekend ;)

Doctors are becoming more VBAC friendly these days (vaginal birth after cesarean) as research has shown the dangers of uterine rupture to be much lower than they originally thought. And my doctor has been VERY cool up until Monday. (Well, we did have a little disagreement about mandatory continuous fetal monitoring and an IV - compromised on that, though ;) ) I really wasn't prepared for him to panic just because of a calendar date. I'm doing great, and so is the baby.

I've been having lots of contractions, but they never stay regular. Apparently, the little one isn't engaged in the pelvis so the contrax aren't really doing much (which sucks VERY hard). So I'm hoping to cover both Western and Eastern medical philosophies with my appointments today and tomorrow and then get on with it.

My ultimate goal is a VBAC, but if I go to 42 weeks I will absolutely consent to a repeat c-section because it's MUCH safer than a chemically induced induction.

Sweet J: I'd love nothing more than to have this sweetheart on another sweetheart's birthday ;)

Oh (since I'm sharing my life story here ;) ) I would prefer a homebirth with a midwife (such a hippie :laughing:) but the only certified CNM in my area can't help me because of the VBAC and insurance reasons. Missouri is a tricky state when it comes to the legality of midwifery, unfortunately :(