My favorite band is better than yours because....

Ken

This would be the place that you can put a video of your favorite band's 'signature' performance. Something you feel sets that band apart from all else because of that one performance.

For me, it's AC/DC's perfoemance of The Jack . A fazillion people singing in unison about an STD, and a pint-sized guitar demon laying down the most soulful blistering guitar solo I've ever heard.

Ken.

this is the live recording of jeff singing 'what will you say' with alim qasimov, an azerbaijani mugham singer. it's on the live release 'live á l'olympia'. i didn't know till now there was a video of it, although the quality is poor. the cd release is mastered quite well and cleverly edited. i return to it again and again. the song is just gorgeous!!

What Will You Say - Jeff Buckley & Alim Qasimov

• 8 months later...

Red hot chili peppers are, nowadays, one of the only band making the music by random jam sessions. Their rock isn't about the virtuosity and musical skills, it's about their talent of composition and songwriting.

Sorry Ray, I like AC/DC alot, but you'll have to fight a little more :susel: :P

Rock n roll isn't about talent! Even musical skills isn't necessary! You just gotta be able to crank the amps up to 12, have fire coming from the stage and loud noise so that the people who went to the show are completely deaf at work the next day. AC/DC has their devil display, then their "Rosie" blow up doll (she's huge!) and so many pyrotechnics you wonder how they pull it off! They've also got the Bell that comes down and Brian tolls it for Hell's Bell's and in the encore there are 2 canons on each side of the stage that fire off while they play "For Those About To Rock (We Salute You)". :rockon: :drummer:

Now that's rock n roll! Compositions, musical talent and skills: that means nothing! :neener:

:susel: :frown:

Edited by Guest

• 2 weeks later...

Exactly! While your poor band is there moping around because they don't get their way my band is ready to go out and kick some @$$ to TAKE what they want!

You're whiny little band has no chance against a bunch of street hoodlums like the dudes in my band! :rockon:

I like both bands. But when did understanding the lyrics ever have anything to do with rock n' roll? In fact, I think it's the less you understand, the better. And in the case of AC/DC and Red Hot Chili Peppers, I think I'm able to understand like every fifth or sixth word.

Either way, neither has yet to measure up to the Stones, The Kinks or Zeppelin, where you can understand only every 10 to 15 words, and make sense of even less.

:rockon: :rockon: :rockon: :rockon: :rockon:

:afro: :afro: :afro: :jester: :jester: