The Power of Music

Sweet Jane 61

I believe music effects every moment of your life, whether you are happy, sad, young, or old and I tried to capture that feeling with this poem.

The Power of Music

An old man smiles as he remembers

dancing with his wife many years ago,

each step in perfect motion

across the floor they moved soft and slow.

Heartbreak; pain tearing her apart

she smiles through her tears,

comforting words sooth her empty soul

for a time she forgets her fears.

A child moves about silly and carefree,

laughing with loving parents;

being lifted high and twirled around

their joy delightfully transparent.

Friends and family weep; a loved one gone,

compassion flows from an angelic voice

helping aching hearts find peace,

as all momentarily console and rejoice.

Thanks floyd! Your comments are so kind. I wish I was a great writer, and maybe someday I will be, I am working towards that direction.

I wanted to show how music can trigger a memory, ease heartache, made a child laugh, and even bring some peace to someone who has lost a loved one. When my Daddy died 4 years ago at his funeral Amazing Grace was sung. And even though I was devasted by his death, that was his favority song and for a few minutes I felt comfort. Music has such power, it is a gift to us all.

Jane, this is fantastic! :thumbsup:

After my grandmothers funeral "Drops Of Jupiter" by Train was playing on the car radio and now every time I hear the song I think of her. I can just imagine her flying through the heavens as I hear the song. Love this writing, dear! You know how to touch people with your words! :bow:

Ray, thank you hon, your comments always mean a lot to me. Music is such a big passion for me I thought it was time to write about it in my way. It is always a part of my life. Just tonight my little girl was dancing around the living room singing and I said do you want some music on, and she said yes and I put on the radio and we sang and danced together and laughed. Music is amazing and it touches us all, it's there for us sometime when love can't be, or a friend can't be, or family, it's a gift.