What animal would you come back as?

Mike

All I am going to say is that anyone who thinks that people evolved from animals is truly ignorant about science.

I don't think that's the best way to put it. Perhaps you mean that making scientific assumptions based of hypothetical extrapolations is about as sensible as assuming we were created because of the words written in a book? While I disagree, that suggestion makes more sense. I happen to believe in natural selection and a higher being, which seems to leave me in constant conflict with both my Catholic brethren and my scientific colleagues (I worked in a genetics lab one summer, not a safe place for religion it seems, but no more safe than my church is for science). A few months ago, my priest admitted to the entire congregation that it's foolish to disregard the findings of science because of blind faith. Evolution is probable, but not definite. However we're here, saying we're not animals because we think seems to me like saying a computer isn't a machine because it can do math.

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All I am going to say is that anyone who thinks that people evolved from animals is truly ignorant about science.

Erm...you'll have to forgive me my ignorance then, 'cos that's pretty much what I do believe.

Like many members of the animal world, we are composed of bone, tissue, skin, hair, nails,brains, hearts, stomachs, bowels, nervous systems, eyes, noses, ears, mouths, legs and arms, nipples and remarkably similar reproductive organs. Like most animals, we have a means of communicating with those of our own species. Our basic needs for food, drink, a place to live to rear and protect our young, to procreate, etc. are pretty similar. We even suffer the same diseases as our animal cousins. Our physical composition and social behaviour reflect so many of those seen in nature, I find it kind of hard to understand why anyone would deny that we are much more than animals in clothing. :confused:

There is no solid proof of evolution and there is no solid proof of creationism. Besides, which God is it that would be the one who created everything? There are over 100 Gods of different religions. Which one is the right one? This is the type of thing that starts wars.

I'm not particularly inclined towards belief in reincarnation, but I suppose, if I could return in another form, I'd like to come back as a parrot.

Could you repeat that?

As far as I know, I thought I had. To whomsoever deleted my second post: thanks so much for spoiling my (admittedly rather pathetic) joke.

Yes, when Martin suggested some controversy I thought i would link this thread to the Top Ten one :laughing:

I believe in reincarnation and also have lots of gods... :cool: but I repeat, I only want to come back as a woman, a cute one, otherwise I prefer to limit my beliefs and will keep on just adoring my Greek gods :bow: :bow: :bow: and some other pagan ones I have as well. :cool:

There is no solid proof of evolution

I have seen proof of evolution since 8th class biology... :crazy:

you just have to take a look at the build (the bone structure or maybe the lungs) of an amphibian, a reptile, a bird and a mammal...

you can practically see where one evolved from the other...

EVERYONE knows THAT , edna ! }:(:P Just look around ...

Humans evolved from snakes , however . Some are still lethal but most are benign , thankfully . Octopii are the most 'advanced' creatures on the planet : they are so above eating or hunting YOU , and have little use nor time for such whims as the internet or bungeee jumping or Paris Hilton , even . .

Just in case some people may think that a vast and improbable set of cosmic circumstances just happened to come together all in the right proportions for life to exist as we know it here ? C'mon ! This is SF , afterall ; know your audience and give us a little credit for our intelligence . :)

I would say a cow or pig : if there is any lingering essense of ' me ' then I could by consumed by insects , which may pollinate plants , then be consumed by the above and subsequently eaten by humans ( who may be pregnant or about to impregnate or be impregnated ) and then returned to the game . And then I could really freak you out on the ' Have you Seen Me ? ' thread ! :cool:

Shawna would be about 98 and still around looking for love in all the wrong places , but may still remember me , and RJ would simply be a cryogenically frozen head who with a certain blinking pattern would ban me . :laughing:

It seems from the last 2 pages that people are taking the mickey out of me. I don't like that. :(

Listen,bud. This is primarily a music site. For our signatures, most of us choose to use, say, a favourite lyric, a snippet from a comedy sketch, a proverb or somesuch. One SongFactor used to have as his signature a link to the Marillion web-site, (I though that was sinister enough :P ), another occasional visitor provides a link to his own music blog. You choose to use a link to some extremist propoganda.

I didn't take the mickey out of you, but did scornfully question some of the preposterous guff contained within that enormous tract to which you led us. I presume you did not write it yourself? No? Well then.

If anything, you have instigated any "infringement of rights" going on here, by denying me my heritage. I am a member of the animal kingdom- AND PROUD OF IT.