Stupid Things That People You Know Have Said

Floydaholic

Discuss here what stupid things you have heard people say, and how it has affected you.

Once my friend Lydia said "Led Zeppelin - Dark Side Of The Moon". Oh man, I felt like I could have murdered her!!. That is easily the most offensive and idiot thing that anyone has ever said to me in my entire life!!. She made a mockery of my 2 favourite bands. She didn't even do it on purpose, why kinda makes it worse, cos she wasn't trying to annoy me. It just shows me how thick she is with music. She was trying too hard to be cool I think.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My parents neighbor is a huge Nirvana fan and she has never heard anything else. At first I thought she was exaggerating until I got her to listen to some real rock. Her first comment was "I think this song is cool! Are they new?"

The song played was "Angie". :crazy:

The scariest part is that she's my age! I would understand if it were a kid, but she'll be 35 soon. How did she never hear the Stones? Did she live under a rock since birth until 1990-whatever when Nirvana came out? Scary... :crazy:

The thing that really pisses me off is when people have Led Zeppelin which they have clearly downloaded and is on their iPod labeled as "led zepplin". I don't even really like Led Zeppelin, but to me this just seems to be the epitome of stupidity.

Yeah, that wrecks my head too.

Okay, I'll share some!

Two of my friends where trying to be cool and have a "Chavvy Argument" And where basically saying stuff like "Why don't you go do your dog" and stuff like that when one of them resorted with "Why don't you go F**k my mom" when he meant to say your mom...it was too funny!!

Also Someone (who we shall call Jonno for the sake of this story)said "you know when you eat an apple seed and a tree grows inside you..."

When someone cut in with "Jonno, a tree does not grow inside you" and Canadian Jonno answered with "It does, it so does. Ask your mom, it so totally does." bare in mind he's 18! :laughing:

pot, meet the kettle!

I have actually got a considerable grasp of the correct use of capitalisation. Ordinarily, when it comes to official documents or academic composition, I am quite fanatical about grammar and punctuation. However, I find that when I am posting on these boards my enthusiasm takes over and pedantry merely hold me back. Hopefully, this does not offend my fellow posters. If indeed it does, allow me to apologise profusely.

:P