The Battle

Sweet Jane 61

This can be about anything that you have demons with, I wrote this for a friend who was fighting to take a drink after being sober for years.

The Battle

The darkness of night haunts you,

your soul struggles in turmoil

Searching for answers from within,

praying nightfall will not win.

Alive again is pain in your heart,

feelings of despair all around...

sensing tempting demons are back,

your faith they can't attack.

A fight you are ready to face,

knowing loves power is there...

not fearing the long road,

even when hurt becomes a heavy load.

Taking that first step to heal,

spirits of loved ones abound...

A hand you reach for is there,

at roads end; kindred souls care.

And no he didn't take that drink, after many long talks and tears, I and other loved ones,held his hand through it all and he made it down that long road...sober.

I'm glad to hear that your friend stayed sober and I am positive that the support of family and friends helped alot.

The writing can be interpreted to be used in just about any situation where someone is confronted with adversity. I like the darkness at the start, gives the feeling of being alone and helpless. Then the love, power and faith come around with the hand of a loved one. Awesome! I love it! :grin: :thumbsup:

I really love your poems, because I can relate to them. You don't really write about flowers and birds from what I have read so far, but more of the nitty gritty side of life, the side that matters. Well done on another excellent poem. :D

floyd, thanks for you comments. And I guess I write more in that theme because that is what makes my thoughts go round and round for the most part. I have wrote a few poems about my daughter and my family that are very upbeat, but I tend to lean towards the things in life that really turn your world upside down. I try not to make my poems depressing, but express the emotions that you go through during hearbreak, love, death, loss, anything that effects your soul.

They're the sort of poems that I like. I havn't written a poem in months. I usually end up hating my poems. But I'll try write something anyway. They just always seem to turn out really cheesy though. I don't know how to make them not cheesy. The same goes for me and songs; I can write music no problem, but I simply can't write lyrics.