Listen to the Song

Floydaholic

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Farin's Ketto - Bonobo was okay but reminded me of how others have been trying (rather fruitlessly mind you) to find bands in the similar vein as Lemon Jelly. The closest (so far) is Fila Brazillia.

As for that version of "Debris," one of my favourite Faces' tracks, the original though. The original 9/10, that vid version 7/10.

Farin's Ketto - Bonobo was okay but reminded me of how others have been trying (rather fruitlessly mind you) to find bands in the similar vein as Lemon Jelly. The closest (so far) is Fila Brazillia.

oh, I wouldn't say that... Bonobo is actually a quite famous chillout/downtempo DJ, I think he's even called a "pioneer"

since both artists come from England (is Lemon Jelly from London too?) and started around the same time, I would rather say they influenced each other, instead of trying to sound like the other :)

PS can you give a new song (since you rated Lea's)? :)

Edited by Guest

edit: ok ok if outhouse music goes all 'HEY THAT WAS MY TURN :susel:', he can go next because I'll be all ':couch:'

Um, I'm no baby so don't bother me any if people want to go ahead. Its all about the music anyway and the more exposure the better. :)

I'LL DO IT!!

A Mundane Phonecall to Jack Parsons - A Sunny Day In Glasgow

I've heard of the band (name) and know they've been pegged as shoegaze and dream pop. 'Silversun Pickups' and 'Air Formation' are a couple of bands I like that people consider shoegaze. As for dream pop, 'The Radio Dept.', 'Mew', 'Auburn Lull', 'Landing', etc are a few I enjoy.

As for your vid, not bad -> 7/10

I'd like to go back to my nostalgic era. This was one of my many favs during those great k-tel records of the 70s. Who didn't own one of them comps (well, Canadians anyway)?

Don Goodwin's "This Is Your Song"

:cool:

I only own one album by Auburn Lull (Alone I Admire). The last two tracks ("Finland Station" and "Untitled") are imo the definitive tracks.

As for Air Formation, 'Daylight Storms' is the only album I own. I really like the melodies but not overly crazy for the perfunctory vocals.

Oh, you didn't select a track in your post. I'm waitin'... :sleepy:

;)