The 100 Scariest Movie Scenes

Farin

Montgomery Burns: Yes, by cutting off cable TV, and the beer supply,

I'll be able to ensure an honest winter's work out of those low-lifes...

Smithers: Sir, did you ever stop to think that maybe it was doing this

that caused the previous caretakers to go insane and murder their families?

Montgomery Burns: Mmm, perhaps. Tell you what, we come back

and everyone's slaughtered, I owe you a Coke.

:grin:

I have read it, and yes, the movie was tamer, but I think it was actually good in that way. A lot of Stephen King books have been filmed focusing more on the gore and less on the more cerebral tension created in the character's head or by the surroundings, etc. I personally was more scared of the "chased through the maze" scene in "The Shining" than the bloody walls and such.

Edited by Guest

I personally was more scared of the "chased through the maze" scene in "The Shining" than the bloody walls and such.

yes, me too :)

I generally am not much for the gore movies...

from my personal view one of the scariest Movies ever was the "Blair Witch Project", simply because you (as a viewer) don't know anything. There's no serial killer with a funny mask, or a ghost or some zombies, there's just... nothing... or is there? :ooo:

yes, me too :)

I generally am not much for the gore movies...

from my personal view one of the scariest Movies ever was the "Blair Witch Project", simply because you (as a viewer) don't know anything. There's no serial killer with a funny mask, or a ghost or some zombies, there's just... nothing... or is there? :ooo:

*shivers with scared delight* Ooooo I loved the Blair Witch! I think all the blood and gore take away scares, your imagination can create more then enough scares! Though I have never seen the shining or many gore horrors, my Mom hates them and we can't watch eighteens at school...

I have read it, and yes, the movie was tamer, but I think it was actually good in that way. A lot of Stephen King books have been filmed focusing more on the gore and less on the more cerebral tension created in the character's head or by the surroundings, etc. I personally was more scared of the "chased through the maze" scene in "The Shining" than the bloody walls and such.

For instance, the way she was killed I liked more in the film than in the book. Because I saw the movie first ages before I bought the book, and was a tad dissapointed by the way she died in the book. But it was still good in it's own away, it created a bit more tension.

I've said it before, and I still believe it to be the scariest moment in motion picture history. I watched it once, and it was so horrifying that I could never, ever watch it again. It was the scene in "About Schmidt" where Kathy Bates gets naked. I still have recurrent bouts of hysterical blindness until this day. Exorcist schmexorcist!....THIS SCENE was scary!

:afro: :afro: :afro: :jester: :shades: