metric

Batman

so metric is a post-punk band from canada that rocks a lot. the lead singer is emily haines (of broken social scene fame). they'll make you dance!

http://youtube.com/watch?v=ox-6PNluV5o&mode=related&search=

http://youtube.com/watch?v=uRopPJDZSig

• 3 years later...

Metric created Fantasies, my heartbreak album of 2010. Still can't listen to it without a quiet sob... but anyway!

Absolutely gorgeous album filled with excellent songs from start to finish. I couldn't find the video Batman originally posted, but these aren't the kind of songs to make you dance. They make you think and listen, definitely more lie on your bed with your headphones on and the volume up.

Kinda modern-day Garbage with a mix of... Placebo and Ladytron?! "Help I'm Alive" sounds like something Ladytron would do. I'm incorrigible, so I always need another point of reference to understand.

Metric's "Collect Call"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ejeOYIOHa3s

Until now, I was livin' on ELO's "Telephone Line"

You are #*&%#@$ kidding me! Metric AND Muse at the same show? *faints*

I would've killed to be there!!!

Collect call is the song I just crumble at...

If the fire's out baby, how're you gonna keep me warm?

Supposing you let me, with the door wide open no one can leave

I know its a lie, I want it to be true

The rest of the ride is riding on you

Over goodbyes we'll buy some place

For wishing you could

Keep me closer, I'm a lazy dancer, when you move I move with you

If somebody's got soul...You've got to make them move

I know it's a lie, I want it to be true

The rest of the ride is riding on you

Over goodbyes we'll buy some place

For wishing you could

Keep me closer, I'm a lazy dancer, when you move I move with you

*sigh* Guess when it's over you just have to accept it's over eh.

Love - who needs it.

I'll buy the album sometime before the year ends and check into this further. Right now, I'm debating on whether to get the regular album for 10USD or get the album with the extra tracks at 15USD. I'd hate to miss on some hot b-side, but I'd also hate to pay more for extra tracks I wouldn't dig. It'd be much easier if this was Suede or kent :beatnik:

I'm definitely getting the album. I just don't know if I should buy the special edition with the extra tracks/b-sides or if the regular album will suffice.

Hey, Angel, you've also heard Saint Etienne, right? I recently bought a compilation of their singles and videography, which is quite good. It don't hurt the frontgirl is cute either :beatnik:

• 3 weeks later...

I'll buy the album sometime before the year ends and check into this further. Right now, I'm debating on whether to get the regular album for 10USD or get the album with the extra tracks at 15USD. I'd hate to miss on some hot b-side, but I'd also hate to pay more for extra tracks I wouldn't dig. It'd be much easier if this was Suede or kent :beatnik:

I have the one with the bonus tracks and it is freakin' great! I really liked every track. It's one of the few I have that I can listen to straight through without skipping a track.

You are #*&%#@$ kidding me! Metric AND Muse at the same show? *faints*

I would've killed to be there!!!

Yes, it was quite amazing. I was in the front row in the center. And my friend works at the place where they were playing so I got VIP tickets. Which came with a back stage meet and greet. I didn't really talk to the guys from Muse too much. But I did have a nice chat with Emily Haines from Metric.