stars

Batman

• 4 weeks later...

I don't want you to get an album you won't like, but you really have to listen to the entire album. Did you listen to "Ageless Beauty?" That song is fantastic. As is the title track. I believe the first link up there is Ageless Beauty

Right, haha. But seriously, they are praised for being "a common person's Beatles." So they are best known for being worse than the Beatles. I just don't get it. I'll admit that some of their big hits are catchy, but that basically raises them to the level of Britney Spears.

Oh, I can definitely understand why some people like them. I mean, that's the way songwriting works. Certain songwriters click with some people, and some don't. I just don't understand why they are so critically praised, even if they do embody rock and roll. From a critical standpoint, I would actually use the way they embody rock and roll as an argument as to why they suck so much. I also don't understand why so many people like them.

But whatever, no use getting me started on this subject, because I'll never stop!

What surprises me most is how many people still like them enough to pay $300 to see them. I mean, I would probably pay to see a Rolling Stones show in the mid 70's, just for the experience (plus, I do think that "Gimme Shelter" and "Sympathy for the Devil" are incredible songs), but I would not pay anything to see them in their old age now. Watching them perform at the Super Bowl was actually depressing.

I should learn to control myself.

Yes, true. A 60s or 70s show would be nice, but I don't want to see them today. I saw The Who last year, and even though it was an amazing experience, I avoid watching videos and such of this tour. They're still very good, but as you said, it's a bit depressing too. I'm glad I got the chance to see them, but I'd rather if they called it quits soon, for several reasons. I won't go into that now though.

Same with the Stones, even though I don't know as much about them.